Mar 07 2013
By: MoneyOvaBunnies First Son 9 posts

God of War Saga: Origins Collection Code Error

14 replies 3638 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Today I purchased the God of War Saga which comes with all of the games previously released in the series. I have no problem with accessing and playing God of War 1, 2, & 3 which are all contained on blu-ray discs in the package. But, what I can't seem to access are the advertised Origin Collection games God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta which have to be redeemed via the PSN through a download voucher code included in the case. Ive tried entering my code through both the redeem codes section in Account Management and through the PSN store and each time I try I am greeted with the following message:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries."

I have tripled checked my entries at each of the screens to redeem codes and still nothing. My voucher does say the code must be redeemed before 3/31/13 so my code is still valid and the offer should still stand as advertised on my box which clearly states my purchase includes 5 full games. My purchase was new and factory sealed until I took it home and opened it to redeem my code so I do not know what the issue is but I would love for it to be fixed so I can completely enjoy and experience the entire series like I should be able to.

Message 1 of 15 (3,638 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: God of War Saga: Origins Collection Code Error

Mar 8, 2013

I have this exact same problem too!

Message 2 of 15 (3,628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Just got home about an hour ago and tried to redeem my voucher.  Guess what?  That's right...Sony ****** me in the ****** too.  Called and spoke to SCE Consumer Services and they told me that the code has not been used and should still be valid.  I was put on hold so the rep could check with an "Accounts" department?  Five minutes later he returned and said the voucher should work on the upcoming Tuesday because that's when the voucher will be activated.  I asked how are they able to sell the game with the voucher if it doesn't work?  His reply was because the voucher came with the purchase of the game from the store.  I said NO!, the voucher came from the factory that manufactured the discs because it was in the game case and factory sealed when I bought it.  The cover clearly states "Includes 5 Full Games" but only 3 are on discs and the remaining 2 are redeemable via the voucher so that means I paid for 5 full games.  The gentleman assured me it would work on Tuesday so I said I would wait.  I asked for a confirmation number so I could call in again in case it didn't.  He gave me one so I guess I'll have to wait.

I would suggest that others who are experiencing this issue call the same number that is located on the voucher so they have a record of it.  You'll be met with tons of automated options but just try to get to a live representative.

Good luck.

P.S..  This is my first post on any forum ever.  It just sucks to get ripped off so trying to help all out there.

Edit: profanity

Message 3 of 15 (3,614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I'm still having this same issue.... Called Sony yesterday they said "we are aware of a problem and should be fixed tomorrow" (today) But its not fixed.......

Message 4 of 15 (3,522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Just bought it today from GameStop (brand new) and my voucher doesn't work.  I called Sony and basically they said the code is still valid and that (according to the rep) I should keep checking in and attempting the code before the end of the month.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 15 (3,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 9, 2013

UPDATE.....

So I just called them again.... I was told gamestop got a bad batch of "coded games"

This is what they emailed me...

Recently you requested assistance with a voucher code that is to be redeemed on the PlayStation®Network.

Please follow the instructions below so we may assist you with your request

What you need to do :

Please email a copy of your printed store receipt and a photo/scan of the front and back of your voucher to: pscustomer_service@playstation.sony.com.

The receipt must include:
Store Name
Item Name
Price
Purchase Date

Please note:
Wedo notaccept handwritten receipts as valid proof of purchase.
We only accept images in PDF, JPG, BMP, and GIF form.
We do not accept .EXE or .ZIP files.
The combined total of all images must be less than 5 MB.

My problem now is, this game was a gift and I DO NOT HAVE A RECEIPT!!! GGRRRRR!! Also it will take them 3-5 days to respond IF I DID HAVE MY RECEIPT!!!  What kind of CRAP IS THIS???

Message 6 of 15 (3,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Hi there,

I bought the game from amazon for like $35, I was disappointed since I thought they made origins and ghost on ps3 disc already. So anyways, I bought the game and it arrived on the 8th. Code doesn't work. Amazon said, they just sell the products and if I have any problem I contact sony. I contacted sony they told me, my code is valid I just have to check it everyday until it works because they don't know when it will work.

So yeah, they got us good. I was actually hoping for the psn code, didn't get that either. Good thing I bought a psp, they didn't take the time and think what if somebody didn't have a psp. They should have said "psp voucher code" or something. Oh yeh wait! Code doesn't even work they can't say that.
Message 7 of 15 (3,425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Oh yeah I forgot to add that I also tried the code on multiple accounts and also different region accounts, same problem is from the code not the account. So we just have to wait.
Message 8 of 15 (3,424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Mar 9, 2013

same problem sent them the email they also told to me to check the forums for updates to a solution

Message 9 of 15 (3,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Well, I was able to log in to the game stop account and download a digital copy of where he bought it. Sent in all the info they requested so we will see how long this takes or if they even take it....

On a lighter note, I did play the single player DEMO of the new GOW and I AM LOVING IT!!!

CANT WAIT TO GET SCREWED ON THAT ONE! I MEAN PLAY THAT ONE!

Message 10 of 15 (3,384 Views)
0 Likes