Feb 25 2013
By: Dr_Faust07 First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Getting invalid credit card number when trying to add my Playstation Visa Card to my account

4 replies 220 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Not sure if this is a Capital One issue or a Playstation Network issue. I just recieved my card in the mail and have activated it already. I've even called back to confirm that the card has been activated. I keep getting an error on the computer and through the PS3 when trying to add this card to my account. I'm wanting to catch a few games that are on sale right now before they go off sale but can't do that with my card acting up. Is there anything I can do or someone I should contact? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Re: Getting invalid credit card number when trying to add my Playstation Visa Card to my account

Feb 25, 2013
you could just buy psn cards
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Getting invalid credit card number when trying to add my Playstation Visa Card to my account

Feb 25, 2013

Well you get bonus rewards for using the card and a special offer with 1 free year of playstation plus membership and 50 dollar code for the PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13048 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Call Capital One.  Obviously the Playstation Store accepts the Playstation-branded Visa card.  The only thing that you could have done wrong is to have the billing address for the credit card be different than the registered address for the PSN account. That won't work with any card, including the Playstation Visa card.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Well, thank you for the help that was the problem. I currently reside somewhere different from where my credit card was set up for. I do this because of the amount of time I lived at my previous address more than triples the time I have lived here currently and am afraid of being denied credit because of that. But I entered the billing information with the other address and it went right through, thank you for your help and support.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes