Last Guardian
11022 posts

Re: Getting banned for something I didn't do, please help!

May 28, 2013
@MrLegendz awww c'mon, give the OP a break, he must be new to PSN. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 28, 2013
And one other thing, though I'm not 100% certain about this, but I believe that even if you choose to "mute" others in the lobby, it doesn't mean that they are unable to hear you. You are just unable to hear them.

If this is indeed not the case, then another user here can correct me. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13159 posts

May 28, 2013

Bronxsushi is correct as far as PSN is concerned.  SNEA does not give any advance notice of PSN account suspensions or bans.  You are locked out immediately, and then you receive e-mail later explaining why and how long.  Sony does not provide moderation for games published by third-parties.  Call of Duty is supervised by Activision employees, and you can be banned by them, which may have different procedures.  That would only stop you from playing that specific game, or at worst, all Activision games.  The Activision moderators have no ability to ban your PSN account, so your purchases and trophies are not at risk if you are banned by a Call of Duty moderator.  As far as I know Activision doesn't give advance notice of bans either, and there is no reference to a "network overseer" on the Activision support pages, so I would assume that the position is self-appointed, and has no more authority than you do.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

bans are legit and deserved. you can act innocent all you want, but you were probably cussing up a hateful storm and got reported. whoever reported you got sick of it. all violations are reviewed before activated. take this as a warning, sony dont mess around. no t no shade. admit you messed up and learn from it. 

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes