Highlighted
Dec 15 2012
By: nonl2942 First Son 1 posts

Gamesharing between 3 of my consoles?

3 replies 156 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

Hello. I have 2 games on my main adult account that I would like to share with 2 of my other consoles. I have purchased EA Madden 13 and downloaded it one of my consoles. I've also purchased Borderlands 2 and downloaded onto the same console with Madden 13 and another one of my consoles. My question is how do I get madden 13 onto my third console? Each time I try to get Madden on my third console it tells me that it has exceeded the amount of downloads available but this is not true, only one PS3 has Madden downloaded on to it.

Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: Gamesharing between 3 of my consoles?

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

nonl2942 wrote:

Hello. I have 2 games on my main adult account that I would like to share with 2 of my other consoles. I have purchased EA Madden 13 and downloaded it one of my consoles. I've also purchased Borderlands 2 and downloaded onto the same console with Madden 13 and another one of my consoles. My question is how do I get madden 13 onto my third console? Each time I try to get Madden on my third console it tells me that it has exceeded the amount of downloads available but this is not true, only one PS3 has Madden downloaded on to it.

You can only have your account activated on 2 PS3's, Last year it was changed from 5 to 2.

Message 2 of 4 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 15, 2012
It's all based on the number of PS3's activated on the account, not the number of times a piece if content has been downloaded.
Message 3 of 4 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29320 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Correct.  Activations are not tracked separately for each game or add-on.  Consoles are activated.  Not individual content. You can download all of your Playstation Store purchases to up to two consoles that have been activated under your PSN account.  You can't download any purchased content to any console that is not currently activated under your PSN account.  Therefore, you can't have Madden 13 installed on three of your consoles at the same time, unless you buy it under more than one PSN account.  You can only have it installed on two consoles at the same time, for each time that you buy it.  You can't activate the third console under your PSN account, unless you deactivate one of the others first. The game will no longer run on the deactivated console.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes