Nov 16 2012
By: gunderson2009 First Son 4 posts

Game missing from the new Store

10 replies 194 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

I wanted to buy the game "Greed Corp", but it seems to have disappeared from the Store. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Game missing from the new Store

Nov 16, 2012

Are you sure you just can't find it? Many people are having trouble navigating the new store. If it is really removed there is nothing you can do.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Just please, please, please don't start a new thread about how the New Store Sucks!

PLEASE!

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (188 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I tried the Search function, but the game doesn't show up. I tried listing all PS3 games, scrolled all the way to the letter G and it wasn't there.

Can they just remove games from the Store without warning? I don't remember reading anywhere that Greed Corp would be removed from the PSN Store.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (182 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Nov 16, 2012

In my experience, the Store has never warned about anything being dropped.  It just happens.

Sometimes, PLUS especially, there is a section that is called "Expiring Soon", but I am not sure if this has carried over to any other areas or at all in the new store.  

I have not fully navigated it yet, but I do a little more exploring every time I am there.  It just takes getting used to.  I am not going to say it sucks, just because I am not used to it though, unlike others.

Sorry friend.  Keep an eye out though.  Sometimes things that leave, will come back from time to time.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (178 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Didn't know that. Hope it's not the case - when the new Store went online, the game Sleeping Dog wasn't showing up either, maybe it's the same problem with this one.

Thanks, anyway!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 19, 2012

A lot of content is missing since the new store came out and some isn't picked up by the search function. You might try searching for 'Corp', instead of 'Greed.' It's worked for me for other games. You can also look for related content to help you find it, e.g. a wallpaper or demo, etc. I don't think Greed Corp had a lot of additional content though, if any at all. Another smart thing would be to ask at the developer's website. They'd probably know more about it and/or get Sony to put the content back up. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (136 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I also, have an issue with this problem. I'm an RPG fan, and just last month I had bought and downloaded the Record of Agarest War 2 game from the Store (along with a few add-ons), i go to check for more today, and there's not even one thing left in the store about this game.

What I find most perplexing is that this game has only been out since August. I mean, I can see Sony dropping some games from time to time, but a game that has only been released for 3 months hardly seems like a viable candidate for removal from the Store. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Well, it seems Greed Corp is back! I just bought it! :smileyhappy:

I suppose SCEA is slowly putting back any content that is reported missing by the users. So, if you just can't find what you're looking for anywhere in the Store, I advise you to post it here, as well as in the latest "Store Update" post in the Blog. Sooner or later they should fix the problem.

Again, thanks to everyone who tried to help me here.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (94 Views)
0 Likes