Highlighted
Oct 10 2013
By: Captain_Osterman First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

GTA V still won't install when I download it

3 replies 270 views Edited Oct 10, 2013

So I pre-ordered GTA V through the PS store, and I still have not been able to install it on my drive. I've downloaded it about 15 times now and every time I go to install it I get the 80029564 error. I have borrowed a friends disc and played for a bit but now he has it back and I still cannot access to the game that I paid for.

Every time I try to hope on the support chat line I can't get ahold of anyone or it says that it is not up and running. I am making this post because I would like Sony to just remove the game from my account and reimburse me for my purchase. This is very disappointing for me as I have been a Playstation user as long as I have been playing video games. Hopefully one of the support employees comes accross my post and does this for me as I feel as though my money has been taken as I cannot access the product I purchased.

Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15706 posts

Re: GTA V still won't install when I download it

Oct 10, 2013

SONY Support employees do not read these forum posts and if one happens to, they will not initiate any kind of refund process.

This is a public forum made up of Playstation users JUST LIKE YOU.  None of us can do anything other than offer suggestions and advice.

The error code you get has been posted many times by people with problems downloading and installing GTA V.  You might try some of the suggestions in the article here (other than downloading the game again, that is):

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3930/kw/80029564

Otherwise you can try to contact SONY customer support during their posted working hours.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I posted here because I cannot get ahold of anybody through support contact. I have tried every solution posted multiple times figured id toss it up here to see what I can get

Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10171 posts

Oct 10, 2013
Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)
0 Likes