Dec 15 2013
By: PSXBatou First Son 4 posts

Funds Added To My Wallet Without My Authorization

6 replies 1476 views Edited Dec 15, 2013

I just received 4 notices pretty much one after the other for $50, $10, $10, $10 added funds to my wallet from my CC.  I never authorized this, what the hell is going on over there at Sony?  I've pretty much completely lost trust with them as far as monetary transactions go now.  

I have nothing preordered, and my Plus is still 10 months from needing renewal.  I know Sony is closed now, I sent a email, and I guess I'll have to call in the morning.  

Treating peoples financial information like this is unaceptable, if you're going to ask people to trust you with their credit card info you need to make sure stuff like this doeesn't happen.  Hopefully Sony can refund my account otherwise I'll just have Amex do a chargeback.  I shouldn't have to waste my time on this because Sony can't get their stuff together when it comes to handling their customers financial data.

Message 1 of 7 (1,476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Funds Added To My Wallet Without My Authorization

Dec 15, 2013

I've also had $50 in funds added to my wallet without my authorization. I already had over $50 in my wallet anyway, so why would another $50 be added arbitrarily? I want this to be refunded immediately.

Message 2 of 7 (1,475 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 15, 2013

I'm not sure how you emailed them, seeing as how email is no longer a contact option...

Either way, these are the Communityforums. No one here handles account management, we are all regular users such as yourselves.

The both of you will need to contact sony, either by phone or though a live chat here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Message 3 of 7 (1,456 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Dec 15, 2013
Read here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Sony-wallet-credited-3-times-by-5...

From the looks of it have Sony refund you? One user said he was being refunded. Also, if the cc company refunds, it looks like Sony will ban your account.
Message 4 of 7 (1,454 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 15, 2013
I have the same problem... Smiley Sad i recaived also 4 notices and somebody add 180 $ to my wallet... Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 15, 2013

Contacted Sony via live chat and they isssued a refund to my CC as well as reinstating the $10 promo credit on my account from my PS4 purchase.  It was relatively painless and I was pretty happy with how well the Sony rep handled it.  No fuss, just we're sorry and here is your refund.

Thanks for stepping up the CS Sony.  Now if only EA can figure out why their games are randomly charging people for things they didn't purchase...

Message 6 of 7 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2013
You have all been hacked, this happened to me and I'd say hundreds to thousands of people. Sony is in denial of the breach and refuse to tell everyone the truth. Call Sony they will refund your money but they might say its your fault, give them this link and tell them its their fault that they had 2 major security breaches in the past few years.

Whatever you do don't go to your bank and do a charge back or ask for a refund from your bank because if you do, your PSN Account will be Banned and you will no longer have access to all the game you purchased digitally/Trophies ect...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Sony-wallet-credited-3-times-by-5...

Sony Computer Entertainment America
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. ? 6:30 p.m
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
Message 7 of 7 (1,407 Views)
0 Likes