Nov 16 2012
By: GuywithaStick First Son 2 posts

Friends List is GONE

4 replies 148 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

What happend to my friends list. When I loged in on my PS3 today all my friends were gone. I checked my account on my PC and they are gone as well. Even more, I send a request to 3 friends but did not get the "waiting for friend to respond" icon. Can anybody help?

Message 1 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46 posts

Re: Friends List is GONE

Nov 16, 2012

Samething Happen To Me My freind And There's Nothing You And sony can do about it trust me i called and theres nothing you can do all you can do is resend them friends request i am sorry mate 

photo lee1302_zps11d8821a.png
Message 2 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 16, 2012

That's an issue that can occur from updating your console, to having slow internet, but because it isn't showing online either I'm assuming it's your PS3  having the issue and not your connection speeds.

You could try rebuilding the database through the PS3's recovery menu.

It might not change anything but I've seen a few posts on the net from people saying that it worked for them.

It's recommended that you back up your save game files before attempting this; although you shouldn't lose any data anyway. Just a precautionary measure..

You'll need to access the PS3's recovery menu and choose to 'Rebuild Database'. To do so:

1) Turn off your PS3.
2) Press and Hold the power button down; the system will turn on. Keep holding the button until the system turns off. Once the system is off then take your finger off the button.
3) Press and Hold the power button down again until you hear 2 consecutive beeps.
4) When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5) You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.
6) The Recovery menu will pop up.
7) Select the Rebuild Database option.

These are the kind of videos you may want to take a look at if you want to try it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pVJ3q_MGIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLiX4j2M3o

Message 3 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2012
I just checked my account again on a PC and my friends list is back, but my PS3 still has 0 friends. I randomly sent an invite to someone yesterday and has accepted (and his name appears on pc) but I just checked my PS3 again and nothing.
Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18600 posts

Nov 16, 2012

May sound off the wall but what is your date and time set at? For some reason I think I remember someone having this issue and their date/time was way off and when they corrected it the problem went away. Can't hurt to try even if it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes