Dec 04 2013
By: NunoArthurUS First Son 4 posts

Final Fantasy XIV refund

7 replies 484 views Edited Dec 4, 2013

I do not have a good knowledge about games, and sorry for my bad english.

I buy the game yesterday, and in no time found information about rates and fees online in the playstation store web site.

I thought the game was offline, as its previous version.

There simply is not any information about it on the web site during the purchase of the game.

I bought the game, and the first installation screen appeared the contract of Square Enix, where I read and did not agree to the terms.
So I want to refund because I did not know there was a monthly fee. And I will not get to play.

I feel cheated by the playstation store, and i demand refund !

Message 1 of 8 (484 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16924 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV refund

Dec 4, 2013

So you bought a game without fully understanding what that purchase entailed, without doing research and making assumptions about how it would work, right?  Not good.

You will need to contact SONY Customer Service by clicking on "Contacting Support" in the lower left of any forum page.  Be aware that in general digital purchases are considered final, and you'll have to convince them that you are due a refund because of your own lack of knowledge.  They may agree, they may not.

Good luck.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 8 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2013

I do not really know it was a solely online game, and it had a monthly fee. I am not required to know everything about every game.

Failure is the sony because it does not explain when a game requires monthly pay on the website at the time of purchase.

Another flaw is the sony allow the purchase is made before showing the company's contract game. Had I read the contract of Square Enix would not have bought the game.

Message 3 of 8 (478 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13734 posts

Dec 4, 2013

NunoArthurUS wrote:

I do not really know it was a solely online game, and it had a monthly fee. I am not required to know everything about every game.

Failure is the sony because it does not explain when a game requires monthly pay on the website at the time of purchase.

Another flaw is the sony allow the purchase is made before showing the company's contract game. Had I read the contract of Square Enix would not have bought the game.

One google search would've told you what kind of game it was.

It's your fault for not researching a game before buying it.

If you bought it in the PSN Store, it says "Game Feature: Massively Multiplayer Online".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2013

I bought GTA V and also says  "Game Feature: Massively Multiplayer Online", but has no monthly fee. This is not my fault, it's the sony not to warn at the time of purchase that there are monthly charges.

I was able to contact the chat support and I will wait 3-5 days per any response.

Message 5 of 8 (471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Sorry but you will get no refund... all digital purchases are final, it is not Sony's responsibility to educate you on what games require fees.

There is no refund policy when it comes to ignorance. How can you not know FFXIV is an MMORPG? SMH Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Dec 4, 2013

omega_alpha-619 wrote:

Sorry but you will get no refund... all digital purchases are final, it is not Sony's responsibility to educate you on what games require fees.

There is no refund policy when it comes to ignorance. How can you not know FFXIV is an MMORPG? SMH Smiley Very Happy

I really wouldnt call it ignorance. Every other retail store that sells this game includes the fact that a monthly subscription fee is required to play it. In fact all mmo's that require a monthly fee that infor is usually included in the description on retail sites. So yeah sony should add a line in the description indicating that.

To the op: no you probably wont be able to get your money back but supposedly you get a free 30 of game play with purchase, though again sony doesnt say this in their description which is why I havent bought it yet either. For 30 days $10 is really reasonable for an mmo. So you should just play it as much as you can for those 30 days. Then if you do decide to pay for it at another time you do own the game regardless of whether or not you pay. You can pay for a month here or there without losing your character.

Message 7 of 8 (451 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2013

I believe I did right in not accepting the terms of the contract of Square Enix. I got the refund.

"NUNO,

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services. We have reviewed your case and as a one time gesture of goodwill we have approved your refund in the amount of 10.00. Please allow us 3-5 business days in order to finalize your refund and return the funds back to your PSN Wallet/Credit Card."

I do not know what the policy adopted by sony, but this game really needs to have the information about services fee in web site.

Thanks for your atention.

Message 8 of 8 (442 Views)
0 Likes