Highlighted
May 29 2013
By: IrritatedWalrus First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Faulty network card

1 replies 272 views Edited May 29, 2013
I recently bought a $50 network card from my local walmart. I got home and turned on my system to redeem the code. I peeled the back off the card and went to redeem it an I got the error message. "The code you entered is not correct or something like that. Also I am 100% positive the cashier at the store activated it. I've emailed playstation about it and so far no response.

Will they email me a brand new code or am I out of luck? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39980 posts

Re: Faulty network card

May 30, 2013

IrritatedWalrus wrote:
I recently bought a $50 network card from my local walmart. I got home and turned on my system to redeem the code. I peeled the back off the card and went to redeem it an I got the error message. "The code you entered is not correct or something like that. Also I am 100% positive the cashier at the store activated it. I've emailed playstation about it and so far no response.

Will they email me a brand new code or am I out of luck? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I know it'll sound like a stupid question but make sure you're entering the code correctly, you wouldn't be the first to confuse an '0' with an 'O', it's easily done trust me!

The next thing to check is that the card was indeed activated during the checkout process, if it's not that difficult for you to do then I would suggest popping back there & ask the store to double-check it was indeed activated.

If after checking both of the above you're satisfied it is neither of those then give Sony a call directly, I'll supply the number below, ask them to check that the code is active & can be redeemed, explain the situation to them & hopefully they can help you out.

Alternatively if you would rather talk to a live person please click the link in my signature.

Good luck.

Here's the number:

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 2 (263 Views)