Mar 17 2013
By: Seifer8BK0 First Son 4 posts

False reporting

[ Edited ]
5 replies 597 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

I have recently gotten some messages from a user by the name of  **Edited** that make me question what is wrong with them. Here is the story, I sent them a funny joke to them after I played couple of matches against them on Battlefield 3 and they sent back a message saying "reported". I was like "why? Its a funny joke that's been going around the fourms of Battlelog" (Battlelog is the gaming community for Battlefield 3, created by DICE and EA). Now, the joke comes from the last episode from a little YouTube show called BattleField Friends' first season. But this message is what makes me report this user to you Sony/SEC is this - "SEC recently banned me for a week for profanity, so IM returning the favor to the 100 haters I get. SEC rep said she'll look into my grief reports. good luck. u messed with the wrong guy Sally."

Now first off, they are treating me to report me for a little joke and because they want to get back on you SEC for banning them. Second thing is that they are questing my sexually which I know is against your ToS.

Now, this can hurt you SEC/Sony for banning a falsely reported user for just saying/sending a funny joke that has been going around for at least 2 months now across the Internet. Also, I have been a faithful user of the PS3 as well as the other AS products that have come from SEC and SEC has help me through some tough times but why did you remove your email option from contact page as it was the easiest why to speak to you.

Please do not ban falsely reported users over a little joke like what I did.

[Edited -Removed Username]

Message 1 of 6 (597 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

Re: False reporting

Mar 18, 2013
Do you really think he was telling the truth? People say stuff like this just to scare people. Stop believing all that stuff you read.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (587 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Its better to be safe than sorry. In the past, I was banned from a game over a little statement of which character was better in the Metal Gear Soild games. If SEC feels like the statement is true, they will take whatever action. If not, they will not take any action.

Message 3 of 6 (577 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Not really. People threaten to report people all the time (go Play COD and you'll see what I mean)

The whole "They're watching to see the next 100 people who throw hate at me" part is what really makes no sense at all. SCE (not SEC) would never do something like that anyway, and give someone special surveillance to see who griefs them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 18, 2013

I agree with you. I used to play COD and know how people really rage in matches.

Message 5 of 6 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
31526 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

The fact of the matter is that Sony never bans falsely reported users.  That is because Sony never believes what users report.  The PSN enforcement team can only suspend users for violations of the user agreement that they personally witness, either when they happen, or by examining chat or message logs.  If Sony can't substantiate a report of misconduct on its own, then no action will be taken. If Sony finds evidence that the report was intentionally made falsely, then the user that made the report will be suspended.  Making a false report is a violation of  the user agreement.  You don't need to worry about that.  If you didn't do anything wrong, then you won't be suspended.

I'm not familiar with Activision's policies, but I'm sure they know their user community well enough to view anything reported to them with appropriate skepticism.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (563 Views)