Mar 18 2013
By: DjFoodstamp First Son 12 posts

False Advertising - PSN game Puzzle by Nikoli V Sudoku

4 replies 145 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

I bought this game because I was highly interested in its  'Random' mode after reading the PSN Store game description:

"To ensure your long-term enjoyment, we prepared both a 'Stage Clear' mode and a 'Random' mode........In 'Random' mode puzzles are generated at random. Please enjoy this high-quality 'Sudoku' game. "

Upon purchase, I quickly discovered that the Sony falsely advertised its features. This 'Random' mode is actually called 'Shuffle' mode that 'randomly' selects  a puzzle from a pool of 50 that you've cleared previously. Sony lied about this game generating puzzles at random.

I know it's only $5 and not worth the time, but what's the best way to go about claiming a refund? I don't want to support bs like this.

Message 1 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Re: False Advertising - PSN game Puzzle by Nikoli V Sudoku

Mar 18, 2013

Sony didn't advertise anything.  It isn't Sony's game, and the Playstation Store staff just copied the description that the publisher provided.  As with any other retailer, Sony is not liable for the statements made by manufacturers of goods sold.  There are no refunds given for Playstation Store purchases, and Sony is certainly not going to give you a refund because you interpreted one feature of a $5 game differently than the publisher intended.  If you think that you have a false advertising claim, then you will have to take it up with the publisher of the game. Good luck with that. 

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (135 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Really....

That's  stupid. That would be like Bestbuy selling you 2 PSPs duck taped together stored in a box with the letters V, I, T, and A written.....you get where im going it this one?

Message 3 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Mar 18, 2013

DjFoodstamp wrote:

Really....

That's  stupid. That would be like Bestbuy selling you 2 PSPs duck taped together stored in a box with the letters V, I, T, and A written.....you get where im going it this one?

That analogy actually makes no sense. That WOULD be false advertising since there is a product called the Vita already and if you sell a product and call it the same product when its not, that's false advertising.

The problem that you have is that the advertisement isn't technically false. The puzzles are random, they're just randomly selected from the generated puzzles already. It never said it generates puzzles entirely from scratch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
6916 posts

Mar 19, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

DjFoodstamp wrote:

Really....

That analogy actually makes no sense. That WOULD be false advertising since there is a product called the Vita already and if you sell a product and call it the same product when its not, that's false advertising.

The problem that you have is that the advertisement isn't technically false. The puzzles are random, they're just randomly selected from the generated puzzles already. It never said it generates puzzles entirely from scratch.

The analogy doesn't make sense but I have to agree with OP that this is misleading, if it's true.  The description in the store says "in 'Random' mode puzzles are generated at random."  This doesn't say that they are selected randomly, but generated randomly.  I don't have the game (because for $5 I consider it a ripoff either way Smiley Tongue - there are free PC and phone apps that do the same) but my guess is that once you finish the 50 pre-made puzzles, it has a random puzzle generator.  If it only has 50 puzzles and no random mode, I'd discourage anyone from buying it; with a random mode, it could be worthwhile since there are few alternatives on the Vita.

Message 5 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes