Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Re: Fake Playstation Network (innovyx) email?

Mar 25, 2011

He didn't agree to anything. Was there a signature? No? Oh, I guess that means everyone can ignore those false 'terms' then. Sony has no authority to make up whatver the hell they want and force people to accept. Claims that hacking is illegal are wrong. Sorry you're not well informed on the matter. Sony can try the 'piracy' card but we all know that is an insignificant problem. Gamers understand the need to support companies and the problem isn't what companies hype it to be. Piracy is the scapegoat when companies fail to recognize their products are not desired (such as movies and music).

So yes, please leave the discussion to those who understand some things. YOU are wasting OUR time...

Too many games, too little time.
Message 11 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 25, 2011

http://www.innovyx.com/clients.php

It seems legit, but I don't like strange email addresses so I am just going to delete the email.

Message 12 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Mar 25, 2011

I received the exactly same message from (innovyx) in my email as well.

I knew there's something wrong on this email as the legal words 'Playstation terms & agreements' put in unprofessional ways.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 13 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 25, 2011

"He didn't agree to anything. Was there a signature? No? Oh, I guess that means everyone can ignore those false 'terms' then. Sony has no authority to make up whatver the hell they want and force people to accept."

LMAO he didn't agree to anything because there wasn't a signature? How stupid are you? He agreed to the terms by clicking agree you dumb ****.

Message 14 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 25, 2011

it must be legit since we all got it.

If not I'd be more worried about the fact that someone hacked Sony and got all our psn names and email addresses.

Because no way could I've got this email with anything less than that happening.

Message 15 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 25, 2011

Yeah I got it, but I deleted it, I didn't even open it! I believe it is a scam, I'm 100% sure it is a scam.

Message 16 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 25, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Yeah I got it, but I deleted it, I didn't even open it! I believe it is a scam, I'm 100% sure it is a scam.

You're 100% wrong.  The e-Mail was simply a notification of the changing terms of service, and the division to which the PSN transaction stuff is being transferred.

Come April 1st, you'll have to accept the new terms or not use your PSN Accounts.

Scam emails are going to ask you for something, private information.  This e-mail was simply notifying you of changes to come. It wasn't asking for anything, and it directed you to official Sony sites for more information.

Message 17 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4176 posts

Mar 25, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

it's legit.

Message 18 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Mar 25, 2011

I clicked the link and it brought me to a legit playstation website that showed every bulletpoint of the new TOS. I didn't have to agree to anything or give any information. The fact that there are people on here fear mongering is outrageous. If you don't trust it, thats fine. But, don't come on here and just start blabbing on about how its a virus or whatnot and they want your personal information.

Message 19 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 25, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

Anything from Sony is usually a scam.

How they got me to buy a Playstation, I'll never know.

Message 20 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes