Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2013
By: armyluke Survivor 2068 posts

Fake E-mail from PS?

[ Edited ]
1 replies 146 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

I checked my e-mail today to see that I got an e-mail from possibly a fake PSN Support address.

It says;

"Hello,

Thanks, we've got your e-mail and you should get a reply from one of our team within 24 hours.

While we’re looking at your e-mail, you might find the information you need on our online support service by clicking on the link below.

Thank you,
PlayStation Support"

Problem is, last time I sent Sony an e-mail looking for Support was roughly two months ago and they already replied to that e-mail.

The adress is;

ps2net@mailuk.custhelp.com

This is the one I recieved that is legitimate;

"Hi Luke,

Thanks for your e-mail about your PlayStation Network (PSN) account.

I can see from your e-mail that you'd like a refund for your recent purchase of PlayStation Plus from the PlayStation Store.  Regrettably, as stated in the PlayStation Network Terms of Service, we are unable to offer a refund for purchases made on PlayStation Store unless the content is found to be defective. 

For your reference, our Terms of Service can be found here .

If you believe that the product you have purchased is faulty please call PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 3034134, where one of our team will be happy to help you. You’ll find our opening times below, however you might find it easier to speak to our team during our quieter period between 11:00 and 15:00.  Calls to PlayStation Support cost 4p per minute from a BT land line however calls from other providers and mobile operators may vary.

Thank you,

Alex
PlayStation Support"

So, I might just delete it. Wondering if it is possible to report this to Sony? Also, is the e-mail I got a fake?

Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Re: Fake E-mail from PS?

Mar 22, 2013

If the link takes you to the real support page, then the e-mail is not a fake.  The one you received today is a generic automatic reply that is sent when a user sends e-mail to Playstation support, before anyone in support actually reads it.  The second one is a response written by a support representative responding to your issue. It is not unusual that the two would come from a different e-mail address.  There is probably a glitch in the Playstation support ticketing system.  I would not worry about it.  You can just delete it.

GKP
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)
0 Likes