Nov 05 2013
By: thereaper456 First Son 2 posts

Fake Credit Redemption Instructions

3 replies 173 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

I just received what I can only assume is a fake spam message being sent with instructions for redeeming your credit if you earned it during the contest the PSN was having.

It directed me to this site http://sonyentertainment.co.nf/ where it did not work when I typed my info in. There are broken links which also make it suspicious. I changed my password as a precaution. So fair warning to anyone else.

Message was from PLAYSTATIONCARD

If this is indeed fake can sony confirm?

Message 1 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10498 posts

Re: Fake Credit Redemption Instructions

Nov 5, 2013
Smells phishy to me too, I believe you did the right thing for changing your password. When i clicked on the link it took me to a sign in screen and phones mobile browser force closed. Im fairly positive that anytime you get ANYTHING directly from playstation in your psn account inbox it will be from "[PSN]" and will be the playstation logo as their avatar.

Im not sony, or a representative in any way. So i can not 100% confirm anything.
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Yeah that sounds about right to me as well.

Message 3 of 4 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Nov 5, 2013

This is definitely a fake. Sony will NEVER ask you for your password. Also, the URL is not an official sony.com or playstation.com website. The site is a phishing scam.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 4 of 4 (149 Views)