First Son
1 posts

Re: [FYI] PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, January 17th

Jan 19, 2013

YOU GUYS SUCK YOU SHOULD REALLY FIGURE OUT HOW LONG ITS GOING TO TAKE YOU TO DO THE INSPECTION I PLAY LOTS OF ONLINE GAMES AND THERE SERVER INSPECTION ARE ALWAYS 100% ON TIME FIGURE OUT HOW LONGS ITS GONNA TAKE YOU TO DO THE **bleep** AND TELL US THAT TIME AND DONT KEEP CHANGEING IT

Message 111 of 202 (578 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I've just been able to log in via PC with my PSN account, but i've been following this ever since I bought my copy of Black Ops 2 on the same day maintenance started. Unaware of the update, I was going to reedeem Nuketown 2025: zombies around 4p.m. on 1/17/13, when a message appeared from the playstation store indicating maintenance was in process. I logged in, not to complain, but to voice my concern. The information stated a 12 hour maintenance and I was deeply disappointed when an extension was announced and meant that I would not be able to enjoy the multiplayer feature of my brand new game, which was ironically purchased during maintenance time Smiley Tongue. Therefore, I hope the maintenance is concluded next morning and I can get started on my Multiplayer conquest in Black Ops 2. Smiley Very Happy Thanks.

Message 112 of 202 (574 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 19, 2013

ruler1976 wrote:
It's even ok if you complain about us complaining.

Ok ruler1976, that was a funny comeback. Made me laugh and I see your point about free speech (still laughing). But we gotta cut them some slack. Because the service is free to play online. Plus  whatever work they did I am sure is not easy in regards to a communications network.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 113 of 202 (568 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 19, 2013

just because its free doesnt mean we should have to deal with extension after extension with little information as to why or be down for that long and yes some ppl do pay for the plus so either way im gonna complain free or not if its not working right

Message 114 of 202 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I beg to differ about not complaining about a free service....... Today online access is part of the makeup of the console gaming experience. People buy their console and a high percentage use it in coop play with online firends.

I, for one, am extermely dissapointed with Sony's handling of this "scheduled maintenance" It certainally makes me think about weather I want to consider an XBox the next time I buy the next generation gaming console.

Since Sony is not an operating system developer it seems they don't have a concept of making sure services to the consumer is not interrupted.

If they truly wanted to make sure we the consumer are properly served, this joke of a 12 hour maintenance becoming 36 hours should never have happened. Especially when it involved the peak times of the week.

The scheduling could have started at midnight Sunday (12-12) and if they weren't able to complete they could have then scheduled Monday from midinight (12-!2), etc..... 

Instead they chose to pick prime times to disrupt the customer with something they can't complete as planned.

I would suggest if they truly care about their customers to find a better approach to their planned maintenance in the future.

Message 115 of 202 (544 Views)
First Son
4 posts

AmiRe: [FYI] PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, January 17th

Jan 19, 2013

amigaonline,

At least if I owned an X-box.. I would be playing sometning right now instead of being here wondering if I made the right choice in bame units. It was a toss up between Dust and an x-box game... I may have made the wrong coice if this is an example of the mantenance provided by ps3.

Message 116 of 202 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 19, 2013
I can get online now to play games I just want to down load the stuff I paid for
Message 117 of 202 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1552 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I spent the down time on Xbox and had a great time. You guys seriously need to chill with the Sony bashing, you have no idea what the issue is they are having trouble with.

I know many of you want to play your DLC's and chill with your PSN friends and what not but you guys are literally taking them for granted .

They could have easily let you guys keep the semi-slow PSN and it's many issues it may have.

This seems to be taboo or whatever on these forums due to fanboyism and really weird hate for Xbox, but if you really need the net to be happy buy one. Or better yet game on PC hell use skype.

Something entertaining till they put PSN back up so you guys wont be raging so hard. For the next maintenance I mean.

Message 118 of 202 (480 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jan 19, 2013

If our patience pays off, then we will certainly be rewarded with better PSN performance  and speed that will let us forgive any misunderstadings we had.

Message 119 of 202 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yes, the network is free but without the games we pay good money for, the network is worthless. It sucks being in the dark on not knowing what type of maintenance is being preformed and constantly seeing more time added for it to be completed but what good does it do to complain about it here? If you really want improvment, email them directly and have everyone you know who owns a PS3 do the same. Think about what it would be like to be an employee and walk in on Monday to Half a million emails over one subject. Think that might get some attention then? Or if you don't want this to be an issue, go pick-up an xbox and pay for their nice online service! 

Message 120 of 202 (340 Views)
0 Likes