First Son
1 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket Issues

Dec 9, 2012
  • What issue(s) are you experiencing? (error message, buffering, spinning wheel, picture quality)

Constant buffering during plays (spin wheel), constantly kicks back and rewinds  by 3-5 mins. Only stays at HQ during the pregame and sometimes during commercials. Sometimes when it gets into a buffering fit, I have t o change games in order for the stream to recover, otherwise it will sit at the pinwheel indefinitely.  Waste of $300, other streaming services such as Netflix appear not to have any issues holding a HQ stream

• Who is your ISP?

Time Warner (20-25Mbps down, 1Mbps up)

• Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Wired (removed the wireless connection as a attempt to isolate the issue)

• What is the make & model of your router?

Apple AirPort Extreme  (also tried Netgear Rangemax)

• When did the issue occur?

Almost every sunday this season, much worse the past 3 weeks

• In what state are you located?

New York

Message 171 of 196 (369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Message 172 of 196 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 9, 2012
This is bull. I pay all this money for the ticket, and all I get is buffering. I am using a wireless connection but I have tested my computer and phone and the connection is just fine. Even when I play games online it's ok. I have fios and the highest speed there. I'm not taking the time to troubleshoot because by the time you DON'T help me the night game will be on. I am strongly considering not purchasing this next year because it happened last year as well. I may just go back to Microsoft and Xbox all together. I have been nothing but disappointed in playstation and playstation network the past couple years.
Message 173 of 196 (316 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 9, 2012

This is crap.  I just called support and I ran through all the tests with them and a supervisor tells me they can't do anything for me because I won't drag my ps3 to someone else's house to try this out on a Sunday on their Internet.  Ridiculous, everything else like games online and Netflix work fine but not the ticket.  I will not buy this again.  Coincidence I see you have more problems the last few weeks.  That is exactly when mine got worse.  Never again, and I think it's great the supervisor offered no solutions but for me to go to someone else's house with my system.  Great problem solving skills thanks.

Message 174 of 196 (292 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 9, 2012
That's exactly why I just used this to vent. Their solutions are so unrealistic. They could just realize the problem is on their end. How many people are having this same issue. Sorry for your experience by glad to see I'm not the only one fed up with this.
Message 175 of 196 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Message 176 of 196 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket IssuesW

Dec 9, 2012

I will never buy this again. I cant get one game on tv. I will just watch the red zone channel from here on out and save $300.

Message 177 of 196 (255 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I have been having these problems all season long, including last week when 4 PM games didn't come on screen at all. I have tried calling them numerous times and have had my refund requests denied. They then tried to say if I did eventually get my request granted, that because I paid with sony cards (because their network is about as secure as a hooker's underpants), that I couldn't get an actual refund, only a credit to my Sony wallet, which you cannot extract out. I found a thread about somebody putting in a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of their state and eventually getting a check back from Sony for the amount in their wallet. 

It seems filing a complaint with you're particualr state's Consumer Protection Division may be the way to go. The BBB is useless at this point and Sony doesn;t seem to care about the problem or rectifying it with the customer. Why not try and get the state's on them?

Message 178 of 196 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Well thanks for the input, I may go that route.  I have never spent money on something with a company and have someone act like oh well.  They say its working on our end, which is not true if others are having issues too.  I'll be looking in to that tks.

Message 179 of 196 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

They have been telling me the same thing, but I am determined to get my money back (and not in the sony wallet). To take $300 from me, and then I don't to see my games is inexcusable, especially when they just deny the whole thing. I'm telling you, go the State route, you have a better chance.

Message 180 of 196 (158 Views)