Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket Issues

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

I paused the game to let it buffer, left it alone about 5 minutes and it will still give me the "circle of death" even though there's 5 minutes of video that has been buffered. It doesn't make any sense at all unless the sunday ticket program has just eaten all of the PS3s memory. 

I just turned the PS3 off, unplugged it, left it off for 30 seconds and tried it again. The game lasted about 30 seconds before it stopped again. 

This is Mia-Ari. I don't think this is one of the more popular games and it's unwatchable

Message 31 of 196 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 30, 2012

MIA vs ARI game wasn't watchable.  Too much buffering.

at one point, the PS3 wasn't responding to any commands and I had to power it off and on again to get it to work again.

Message 32 of 196 (527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Chuckzilla33 wrote:

It never freezes during a commercial. At least not for me. If it does i'll edit this and change that. If that holds up then it sure seems to be a bandwidth issue on Direct TV's end. 

Same for me. Never ever freezes durring commercials.

Message 33 of 196 (512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Same issue here...was trying to watch the MIa-ARZ game and it was failing miserably...buffering every 1-2 mins or so...just plain unwatchable...I actually missed about half the game due to that stupidity. How can a company charge its customers so much money for a service, that isn't anywhere near realiable enough to justify it? I feel totally ripped off right now!!

Message 34 of 196 (502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Miami - Arizona stream did not work reliably, and when it did work, it was behind by 2-3 minutes.

It's unbelievably annoying that the only way to fix the stream is to choose a different stream and then switch back to refresh the stream.

How do I request a refund? This is two weeks in a row now.

Message 35 of 196 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 1, 2012
  • Regular and frequent buffering followed by periods of pixelated content
  • Xfinity (Comcast)
  • Tried both types of connection, mostly wired
  • Netgear router, need to dig behind my desk for the model number...
  • Primarily during the late games (Saints vs Packers), but occassionally during the early games.
  • Indiana
Message 36 of 196 (462 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I would really appreciate if anyone out there could at least give me a definitive reason for being blacked out of the denver/oakland game yesterday. I have been having all of the same issues as everyone else for past 2 sundays. I live in ky. 100 miles west of louisville ky.

There was no afc game being nationally broadcast in the 2nd game time slot because it was foxs turn to have 2 games. I spent  3

hours on phone talking to sony, talking to direct tv, talking to time warner, they are my isp. NO one could tell me even why this was happening,the closest I got to an answer was it might be my ip adress. The main reason I saved up extra money since march was to be

able to purchase nfl ticket  to watch Manning play ball in Denver. I would like to get this issue taken care of before next Sunday, but I dont know where to start.  If anyone else had this issue please post, Iwonder if it happened to anyone else

thanks for any feedback on this.

Message 37 of 196 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Hey Joystick_Warrior. Could you tell us what is being done to address this? Who are you reporting this feedback to? What are they doing with this information? What is the timeline for fixing the issue? If it isn't fixed by the first half of the season, will a partial refund be issued?

We're providing a TON of feedback here, it would nice if the communication worked both ways. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Message 38 of 196 (443 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3881 posts

Oct 1, 2012

jhmg85 wrote:

Hey Joystick_Warrior. Could you tell us what is being done to address this? Who are you reporting this feedback to? What are they doing with this information? What is the timeline for fixing the issue? If it isn't fixed by the first half of the season, will a partial refund be issued?

We're providing a TON of feedback here, it would nice if the communication worked both ways. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Right now I am reporting this feedback to several support teams who can investigate and fix the problems with NFL ticket. They are currently collecting the information from me and trying to solve the issue for those having them. This is all the info I can give at the moment however I will double check and see if there is an estimated timeline for a fix. Thanks again for your information and patience.

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Message 39 of 196 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

A_G_2_D_N, I recently experienced the same thing where the wrong games were blacked out.

After spending over 3 hours on the phone with both Sony and DirectTV tech support on Sunday Sept. 23, neither one could troubleshoot the problem after acknowledging I should indeed have been able to view the blacked out games in my area.  The only explanation I got was a supposed issue with my ISP reporting my IP address at the wrong physical location.  Hogwash!

When I asked them to actually troubleshoot it, and tell me what they're seeing as my IP address, and what location, the tech said they didn't have that capability.  At 300 bucks per subscriber, it's unacceptable that they cannot do such basic troubleshooting.  The tech basically gave up on trying to fix the problem, and said to try again the following Sunday.

Unacceptable response and abysmal support, so I demanded a refund, which the tech submitted for me, and I received an email later that day denying my request.  Then I read on the comments under the blog announcement of NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 that it's best to email support with the

details of your problem, and you'll have a better chance of getting a refund.  Read the last entry here:  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/29/directvs-nfl-sunday-ticket-returns-to-ps3-launches-in-sept...

Well, I did that, along with screenshots from titantv.com of the games broadcast in my area, along with the location for my IP address reported by Geobytes.com and IP2Address.com.  Thankfully, they did the right thing and gave me a full refund.  Hopefully you'll have the same outcome.

For the record, I would have much preferred for them to be competent enough to troubleshoot the problem, FIX IT, and then give me a credit for the one Sunday they screwed up.  But given what happened, this service is still not ready for prime time, and I would strongly recommend people against purchasing it.  Sony/DirectTV need to get their crap together and build a solid system that they can also frickin' support!

Message 40 of 196 (416 Views)
0 Likes