First Son
1 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Nov 4, 2012

Ps3 slim 160GB 

Wireless connection 

Updated to 4.25 no choice and now I can't play anything online!!!

Message 641 of 728 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I have the new 500gb PS3..Had to update the 4.25 update when installing the new system. The 1 yr. old 160gb system has been sent back to Playstation 6 times for problems.  But on the new system, since the 4.25 version. I have a Nat type 2 open 1 day and Nat type 2 moderate another without doing anything to the modem or router. Try to join a match and have been timed out several times. I have 30mbs' internet speeds coming into my home and I only have the ps3 system. You would think with the millions of dollars playstation makes on these games, systems,headphones they would have superior survers.. Just have to hope someday.

Message 642 of 728 (600 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I have the same issue, mine will not power on now, TV will not recognize it, my controller does not work, and it will come on for a few seconds then it will turn off and the power light will turn red and start blinking. I see I am not the only one with this issue, I hate it.

Message 643 of 728 (590 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 6, 2012

i too have not been able to sign in. i have the original 60 gb

Message 644 of 728 (568 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I originally posted on page 57 of this complaint forum that update 4.25 gave me Yellow Light Of Death and bricked my PS3.

Here's an update.

I have the phat 60gb backwards compatible one, but with a 250gb HDD that I installed six months ago.

Laser lens was replaced about 3 months ago

Yellow Light Of Death (YLOD) fixed 3 days ago

Wired to cable internet

After update 4.25, I got YLOD (green light for a second, yellow light for split second, then turns itself off with blinking red light)

Took PS3 to local repair facility, they did YLOD fix for $60

After YLOD fix, I brought it home, plugged it in, and updated again. What could go wrong?

Updated to 4.31... first the good news:

Worked after update auto-restarted machine: watched Netflix without incident that night.

Now the bad news:

Next day I go to turn it on, hit Netflix, and system froze. I turned it off, then on, with switch in back.

It said it was shut down wrong, and was checking/repairing file system. Then system worked (that night).

For the next two days, repeat the two lines above this one. Every time it powers on, it has to check/repair file system before working.

Tonight I hit Netflix, system freezes.

Upon cycling power switch,  it says there's some corruption, so I hit X to repair it per onscreen instruction.

Progress bar moved pretty fast, then system restarted. Or should I say, tried to restart.

TRIPLE BEEP!  Red blinking light again, aka my old friend Yellow Light Of Death.

System bricked again. YLOD fix has six month warranty, so I'll take it back to them.

Now that BluRay players have Netflix, I'm tempted to get one and just play games on PC, and eBay all my PS3 games.

Message 645 of 728 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 6, 2012

i am getting seriously concerned now that i may have to sign out of the network forever and buy an XBOX for christmas ,and its a shame iv had a brilliant 2 years with my ps3 ,i think i shall bury it at sea !!!!!!!!!!

Message 646 of 728 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2012

slim 250g, default

wireless

GT5 updated downloaded today and when i started a suspended race, all my fuel was gone.  restarted ps3 and the same thing happened.  drove backwards to refuel and once the tank was full, it immediately emptied once i was back on the track.

Message 647 of 728 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

PS3 80GB

Wired Connection

Since the update spoken of. My PS3 would restart and go into recovery mode. after recovering it would restart and do the same thing. I went into the safe mode and restored my ps3 to default.

Now everytime I start up the PS3 and just before it signs into PSN it restarts one time. I have to hold my finger on the switch to shut it down , start it again and then it says "The system wasnt shut down properly" say ok to do a restore. It restarts after that and then I can use the PS3 normaly.

It is really upsetting that a single update ruined everything. I get discouraged to even use the PS3 now because I have to do this same routine everytime I want to play on it. If this is not sorted soon there is no way I'll be buying a PS4... it willbe XBOX from now on I guess.

Message 648 of 728 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Fat PS3, 80GB, default HD

wired connection.

updated from Version 4.21

well all of a sudden i was playing bf3 and the game was getting some kind of lag for example, my weapon wouldn;t equipt. So i Restarted the ps3 and now no disc of any kind would load up. Please help

Message 649 of 728 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Or just get an old PC and bluray drive and make it it a XP based media PC and forget about the unnerving canstant updates.

Message 650 of 728 (260 Views)
0 Likes