First Son
1 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 20, 2012

Playstation 3 phat/ default 80 gb hdd. updating from 4.20.

After the new4.25 update finished downloading, my playstation restarted and now there is no picture and the controllers won't work connect. The system takes and ejects discs just fine. i try the safe mode reboot, the lights come on and beep as they should but still no picture. The controllers will charge but thats all. I have reset them but that does not work either. I have unplugged it waited and plugged it back in and nothing. I have tried all new cables and nothing. I was using the ps3 prior to the update to watch a movie. after movie I went to go to ps store and it said an update was required. I cant even get into safe mode.....what now?

Message 531 of 728 (583 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Joystick_Warrior wrote:
Switching hard drives won't help in this regard as hard drives are registered to specific consoles. So if you try taking your old 40GB HD into your new console, it will ask to reformat it. However doing this may allow you to attempt to reinstall the firmware on a blank slate.

As a quick update folks I am still collecting your information and sending it off to the development team to investigate. I appreciate the patience of everyone here and I will continue to do my best to make your voices heard.

J_W

DUDE! Its been a WHOLE MONTH 

Im tired of this I cant even think of just stting down and play online. NO. Because Update 4.25 now gets to chose when I can get online and for how long.

Message 532 of 728 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 20, 2012

JOYSTICK WARRIOR,thanks for having the decency to give us some kind of update ,but it has cbeen an awful long time ,and the wait isnt pleasant ,but cant you give us a little more info ,your post was very breif ,what are the big guns at sony saying about this situation?????,remember xmas is close and some of us buy a lot of software but nobody will be spending if they arent told properly what is happening THANKS

Message 533 of 728 (553 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 20, 2012

yaksha915 wrote:

180 gb slim maybe a year and a half old. never had a single issue until i ran update now everything runs so slow. startup takes about 5 times longer than before and it keeps freezing for a few seconds every few minutes. definetly some bugs in 4.25

I had the same issues right after the update. Try disabling "Media server search" that help me a little.

Message 534 of 728 (531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2012

PS3 Slim CECH 2501a, default Hitachi 160GB HDD, manufactured in October/2010

Wired connection

Updated from 4.21 via storage media.

Everything was working perfectly before upgrading to 4.25. After that, every time I put a game disc, the hdd light stops flashing and I get the error 80010514, and the disk icon disappears from the XMB. The games purchased  from PSN STORE still work.

Waiting for some fix to this ridiculous situation.

(Portuguese-BR)

Tudo estava funcionando perfeitamente antes da atualização para o firmware 4.25. Depois disso, toda vez que eu coloco um disco de jogo, a luz do hdd pára de piscar e eu recebo o erro 80010514, e o ícone do disco desaparece da XMB. Os jogos comprados da PSN ainda funcionam.

À espera de alguma correção para essa situação ridícula.

Message 535 of 728 (494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

I have a 80 GB 4 USB model, Fully backwards compatible. Original HD

Currently wireless within 10 ft of router.

I updatd from 4.21 If I recall correctly.

I thought the update was just effecting my newly downloaded games, cuz my disc games didn't seem to be effected, and ended up getting a refund due to me thinking the game was gliched. Well, I have just booted it up tonight, started play BF3, and it locked up too. I am trying what support told me to do, restore file system, and then if all else fails, was to Reformat, and go from there.

My main issue is game freezing... It annoying as hell

everything worked fine before the update.

Message 536 of 728 (473 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I can`t  connect to PSN, I have wifi connection and I can get online from the console but not psn. 160gb version 4.25.......anyone know what happens? error 80710092........please need replies

Message 537 of 728 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Joystick_Warrior wrote:
Switching hard drives won't help in this regard as hard drives are registered to specific consoles. So if you try taking your old 40GB HD into your new console, it will ask to reformat it. However doing this may allow you to attempt to reinstall the firmware on a blank slate.

As a quick update folks I am still collecting your information and sending it off to the development team to investigate. I appreciate the patience of everyone here and I will continue to do my best to make your voices heard.

J_W

J_W,

I will gladly offer to send my PS3 to Sony for them to look at. Problem is, they want to charge me $99 to even look at it. Considering that Sony recognizes that there is a problem, I think it's in poor taste to demand the cash up front for an issue that the firmware caused.

As a Sony shareholder, this is beyond frustrating. No, I don't own a lot of shares, and I don't think that I deserve special treatment; I just want to be treated fairly.

Message 538 of 728 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Ok I have called Playstation 6 times and they won't even admit there's a problem. This is getting really old. I have a 160 gig slim model and I just like thousands of other people can't play online without being kicked after a few mins. Since you people won't admit there's a problem I'm sure you'll pull this but if we the consumers the people who pay your salaries don't get some answers as to when this problem will be fixed I will start a youtube video and also get others to join me in boycotting all Sony products to we receive the answers  we are owed. I mean come on Sony this is not how you do business. We the consumers through our loyalty to Sony have made you billions of dollars. Where's your loyalty to us ? There are other game systems out there.

Message 539 of 728 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2012
cech3001a i buy it 3month ago
Message 540 of 728 (428 Views)
0 Likes