First Son
2 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 16, 2012

I Bought a Slim 160gb after my Phat 60gb system fried Last Year.
Wireless
from 4.21
After Updating, My system Is fine other than the fact that it no longer allows me to Play music in the background.
I can go to music, pick a song, and play it. But when I push the PS Button It asks if I want to close the song.
WHAT. I miss Searching the browser or Slide-showing pictures with me Music in the Background ;n;

It's the only Problem I'm having but since it ASKS me if I want to close it, It Seems like Sony meant to do it >.>
I haven't been this upset since The update where I could no longer watch videos in the background without them pausing.

Message 511 of 728 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 16, 2012

still trying to update assassins creed brotherhood (33MB) and it still wont stay online long enough to do it ,so slow its sad!!!!!!!!!

Message 512 of 728 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Oct 16, 2012
  • Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size (phat/slim, GB size, default/custom HDD)

CECH-2501A, 120 GB slim, Default HDD

• Internet connection (wired/wireless)

Wired

• Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required)

Unknown 

My PS3 worked for a few days after updating, but today when I turned it on, I get a green light, but no signal via HDMI.  I've tried different cables and different ports, with no better results.  The PS3 has been connected to the same TV for the past year+, and, prior to my troubleshooting, the cables have not been disconnected for any reason.

A bit of research suggested resetting the video by turning off the system, then holding the power button for 5-6 until the second beep.  I'm not sure if this was for 1st gen PS3s, or if it works with the slim, as well, but it does't work with mine.  If I turn off the system (standby), then hold the power key to turn it back on, I get no second beep after 5-6 seconds, but I get a second beep after 12 seconds which forces the system into standby again.

I have tried entering safe mode, which gives me the same results as above.

I've tried unplugging the PS3  and TV completely for several minutes, which does no good.

Normally, when the sysem is in XMB, hitting the power button one time will begin the shutdown process.  When I turn on the PS3, and get the solid green light, pressing the power button a single time does nothing, which leads me to believe that it is not booting up correctly.

Also, when I use the PS3 controller to turn on the PS3, the lights on the controller continue flashing for about a minute, and then they all shut off, indicating that they never establish a connection with the PS3, again, leading me to believe that the PS3 is not fully booting into XMB.

I've had this machine for around a year, and never had an issue before updating to 4.25.

Message 513 of 728 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Model: CECHH04, 40GB phat, default HDD, wired, probably from 4.20.

Had the same problem as the post above. I have my PS3 hooked up to a Sanyo PLV-Z4 720p projector (HDMI-cable) for movies, and a HP ZR24w -screen (HDMI-DVI) for games.

After updating to the newest version I havent had my projector plugged in, but when I tried to use my projector I got a black screen and no image via the HDMI port at any time. I tried it out with a Sony Bravia KDL-32BX400 -HDTV, but to no avail. The TV says "out of range". My HP-monitor works perfect via HDMI in both 720p and 1080p.

I tried all the tricks in the book to get the system to work:
- all ways of power cycling
- video output reset
- safe mode
- resetting factory settings
- resetting the entire PS3-system (goodbye saves)
- different HDMI-cables
- HDMI-switch in between

Everything worked flawlessly before the patch. Post-patch the only problem is the black screen on all other devices except the HP-display.

My theory is, that the problem has something to do with HDCP and the Playstation not accepting the handshake between the other devices. Maybe keys that are revoked?

I sincerely hope, that Sony gets this fixed as soon as possible, if it's a software issue.

Message 514 of 728 (677 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Addition to the above: seems to work on a brand new LG HDTV, so apparently either the firmware refuses to work with slightly older gear, or my PS3 just refuses to show anything to my two devices.
Message 515 of 728 (623 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2012
I have a 160gb slim, updated from 4.20 to the 4.25. PS3 worked perfectly fine until that update then after the update it started having problems reading the game discs, now it won't read them at all. It's not even 3 years old and I don't use it excessively.
Message 516 of 728 (609 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2012
I used wireless to update.
Message 517 of 728 (608 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2012

After I upfated to 4.25 I can not load any EA sports game. MW3 loads but is slow. The system freezes and then reboots. Is this due to the 4.25 update?

Message 518 of 728 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Its been a month guys and nothing for this. Hey joystick you still here you have yet to reconcile this problem.  

Message 519 of 728 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012

180 gb slim maybe a year and a half old. never had a single issue until i ran update now everything runs so slow. startup takes about 5 times longer than before and it keeps freezing for a few seconds every few minutes. definetly some bugs in 4.25

Message 520 of 728 (303 Views)
0 Likes