First Son
27 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 4, 2012

why dosent everyone in the UK/europe  contact BBCs WATCHDOG programme and report it to them ,plenty of others already have ,they are a pro team who go straight to the source of the problem and have dealt with PS3 problems before ,sony reps have obviously  been told to deny everything ,its one of the few ways of getting a response and it really does only take three or four minutes

Message 421 of 728 (507 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 4, 2012

i have 80 gig slim updated to firmware 4.25 and resulted in having all games lagging with no internet connection. examples: voices don't match mouth movement, music sounds like scratched cd, also youtube app downloads slower since the update.

Message 422 of 728 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I have a original 160 gig slim ps3 was wireless and wired to internet, went from 4.21 to 4.25. Have laggy xmb, Internet, laggy hard drive games to the point of couldn't play them or want to use ps3. I decided to rebuild the file system via the recovery menu, well it worked flawlessly. My ps3 runs just like new, I promise you this fixed my ps3

UPDATE

after rebuiiding the file system it worked flawlessly for about one hour of playing starhawk "campain only" downloaded to hard drive. Then it went all laggy again couldnt play the game, xmb and internet also went back to lagg. Im thinking of downloading the 4.25 to usb abd seeing if i go into recovery menu and reloading the firmware again?

Message 423 of 728 (499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Is there any update on resolving the issues with 4.25? With no access to PSN, I cannot redeem any time senstive codes.

Message 424 of 728 (412 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Hi!

I have a PS3, 500GB (new HD), slim, wireless conexion, got 4.25 from 4.21. Since then, I've been having constant problems  - all my games freeze after 5 or 10 minutes playing. It is important to say that the hardware is OK - cooler and HD are in excellent state, the console is clean, inside and out, and in a well ventilated spot (actually there is a ventilator pointing directly towards it while I'm playing). The only issue is that I've downloaded a LOT of small movies (via torrent sites), approximately 300MB each, a total of 300GB. Could this be causing the problems, or is it the buggy firmware update? How to solve this??? I've already tried to restore data base (several times), deleted some movie files to get the HD to 50% free space (250GB), reinstalled the 4.25 firmware downloaded directly from PS Sony official site and still nothing... Please help me!!

Thanks!

Oi!

Tenho um PS3, 500GB (HD novo), slim, conexão à internet sem fio, atualizei para a versão 4.25 a partir da 4.21. Desde então, só tenho tido problemas - os jogos (quaisquer) travam depois de 5 ou 10 minutos de jogo. Importante ressaltar que a parte de hardware não tem problemas - cooler e HD em ótimo estado, aparelho limpo, em local muito bem ventilado (deixo, inclusive, um ventilador apontado pra ele). A única questão é que tenho muitos filmes de aproximadamente 300MB cada, totalizando 300 GB no HD. Isso pode ser um problema ou  problema foi mesmo a nova versão do firmware? Como solucionar??? Já tentei restaurar base de dados várias vezes, limpei o HD até chegar a 250GB (50% de espaço livre), reinstalei o firmware baixando do site oficial da Sony, e nada... Me ajudem!!

Obrigado!

Message 425 of 728 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 4, 2012

CECH-2001B, 250gb

Wired connection

Upgraded from 4.21

Was fine for a little while, but in game (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier) after restarting a checkpoint, the loading icon started to lag, then it eventually just froze, tried to turn it off with the power button which would normally work when games freeze and it just reboots, but it was just frozen there for a good 25-30mins. So i turned off the power switch, and turned it back on, i expected file corruption, though the message didn't prompt as it would normally for that. I noticed the game disc icon wasn't showing up, and it isn't working for any of my games or Blu-ray movies now, (DVD/CD show fine). I booted the console in recovery mode, restored the filesystem, didn't fix it, rebuild the database, didn't fix it either. I'm considering a full restore/format, but of course i'd like to avoid that. It's possible that the blu-ray laser died (i suppose), but that's just... too coincidental, and the system ran like new, never once had a disc read error, and i'm not getting any errors, it just won't load Blu-rays now.

Message 426 of 728 (388 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 4, 2012

it actually just broke my 160gb slim just updated and now it keeps restoring it self over and over again

Message 427 of 728 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Here's Sony's caring responce.

Hello David,

Thank you for your quick response back to me today. I want to offer you my deepest apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused. I understand it is frustrating when you invest a large amount of money into something, and have it not function properly. I would be frustrated as well, and if there was any way I could resolve this issue I would.

I understand it is not very comforting knowing you need to pay to have your system serviced. I sincerely apologize that you have had a negative experience with our products and customer service. I hope that you only have positive experiences in the future. I am sad to hear that you will be leaving our PlayStation® family. However, I do wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience David. I understand this is extremely frustrating. Please have a great day.

Sincerely,
Tyrell T

XBOX360 here i come.

Message 428 of 728 (349 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

Oct 4, 2012

3 WEEKS SONY 3 WEEKS AND YOU CANT DO **bleep** ABOUT THIS? IM SICK OF ALL THIS **bleep** I HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYDAY ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY!

Message 429 of 728 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Model CECHK04 80GB Default HDD

Wired

Not sure what version it was on before

I can't get my console on HDMI display. Updated on Tuesday (02 Oct) and no HDMI, but I got it on HDMI yesterday by doing a hard reset. Today it went back to s-video while playing resident evil 6. I have tried a hard reset, to manually set to hdmi, factory restore and deleted the resident evil game data (this is the only change I have made since the update on the console), but still no HDMI at all.

EDIT: I wanted to add that it is not my screen or hdmi cable that is faulty as I am using them right now on my PC

Also I forgot to mention that after updating (02 Oct) I battled to get on to PSN, but thought it was maybe a network issue and I was able to get on after the hard reset that I mentioned above for the video issue.

Message 430 of 728 (525 Views)
0 Likes