First Son
7 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

I have been on other forums and the "know it alls" all say that firmware doesn't break the drive, and that the drive is failing. WRONG. Let me ask the general populace something.

My ps3 was playing games perfectly, short load times, no issues playing games, it was very speedy as I had expected. I update and now blu ray doesn't work at all.

IF MY LENS WAS  FAILING, I'm pretty sure I would've had issues playing games long before the update, and don't try to tell me that my lens just died over night, from playing flawlessly to just not playing at all ever. Right. Mods, I hope you pass the message along: if sony tries to make me buy a brand new one or makes me pay them a fee to fix something THEY broke, I WILL take this to court. You can't sit there and make me PAY for something YOU GUYS BROKE. GOT IT? I have been loyal to sony for years, and this is just too much!

OH, AND BY THE WAY: i take great care of my slim. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DUST AT ALL ANYWHERE ON OR NEAR THE SYSTEM.

Maybe next time you REQUIRE us to update to play a game either in general or online, you should also invest in an option to ROLL BACK TO YOUR LAST OFFICIAL UPDATE and restore things instead of DELETING the older firmware data. THAT WAY WE CAN PLAY OUR GAME WHILE YOU SORT THROUGH YOUR MISTAKES. WHY IS THE UPDATE STILL UP?

Its a low blow to sit there and force us to either play offline OR UPDATE TO PLAY AT ALL (KNOWING HOW RISKY THIS IS).  ITS THIS MINDSET that keeps me from getting playstation plus and giving you MORE money. You think I'm furious NOW? HA.

1) You let all of our information get hacked by anonymous.

2) YOU MAKE US PAY for a protection plan in case that happens again

3) YOU MAKE US UPDATE IN ORDER TO FULLY ENJOY OUR GAMES, and when we CAN'T PLAY our games because of the update YOU SHOVEL down our throats....

yeah, I'm a little fed up, guys. And I'm not even PLAYSTATION PLUS. And this stuff is WHY im not playstation plus. I would be PAYING MONTHLY to get the most out of my system WHEN I CAN'T EVEN USE THE D@MN THING.

look, I'm sorry if this is unprofessional sounding, and I'm sorry if I'm coming off rude. But how can you expect us to keep giving you our money when you shovel system breaking firmware down our throats just to cover your @$$e$ from jailbreakers when each and every time the new firmware gets cracked ANYWAY? I am so FURIOUS right now! I just dropped 60.00 on BORDERLANDS 2 and I CANT PLAY IT BECAUSE YOU BROKE MY PS3. What are you planning on doing?

Message 221 of 728 (679 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Since the update I am no longer able to watch 3d blu rays, I have an error saying it is notcompatible and requires firmware upgrade.  I have original PS3 80 GBwireless. Please help 

Message 222 of 728 (664 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Ps3 40GB, fat, Samsung 640GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Wired with 7MB per sec speed
Updated from 4.20

My problem is that all my disc games crashes or freezes 7/10 times. for example it jus gives me black screen, game loads forever, it freezes when playing over 1 or 2 hours and it also freezes when the game displays logos by who its made. With digital games it happens also but like 3/10.
The weird thing is that dvd, cd and blueray movies plays just fine. I jus cant play gameswithout freezing. And it suck because i bought a week ago Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
I hope the Update problem wil be fixed.

Message 223 of 728 (622 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 22, 2012

This update ruined my connection to PSN.... all other devices work fine including my other gaming consoles PSP XBOX and WII. Please dont tell me about DMZ and Static IP addresses I have a degree in IT so I have tried all of that, its sony update.

Video Proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--hWGtEfho

Message 224 of 728 (613 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I have a 160gb Slim PS3. Since the update I have no more internet connection. The internet connection still works on my pc, my sister's mac, etc. it's just the PS3. I updated from 4.20. I have tried everything that was suggested when I tried connecting to the internet, but it still doesn't work.

Message 225 of 728 (596 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Uk owner with the same issue (YLOD since applying the update), European support are saying tough luck and we have to purchase a replacement..  What a load of bull & tosh!

Which model of PS3 are you using? Original 60GB model

Have you replaced the internal HDD? If so, with what? yes, 250GB

Are you all using the original power cable for the PS3? Yes

Did you have a disk in the drive during the update? If so, which? Yes - DVD film (that was playing perfectly well before the update)

Do you have a slow internet connection? (<2.5MB or fluctuating connection speed) No

Did you have any USB peripherals connected during the update?Yes - EyeToy

Did you insert/remove any peripherals/disks during the update? No

Do you have your ps3 wired or wireless? Wired

Do you have your ps3 in dmz mode? No

never had a single issue prior to ths update Smiley Sad

Message 226 of 728 (569 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
HI,

I seem to have been having the same problen as the other guy ( PhoenixRush) My PS3 is a 120 Wireless. ever since the 4.25 firm ware i have been experiencing auto shut down. ( Blinking Red Light ). can you please tell what's going on with my System? Is it the update? If so how can i degrade my current 4.25 to the last Version.
Message 227 of 728 (563 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Hello -  

I upgraded last weekend and kept playing Dragon Age II a bunch, turned off the system Mon and Tues, played Wednesday night, turned system off for Thurs, and then Friday night (last night) I get a black screen with no audio.  My TV recognizes the PS3 is trying to send a video signal, but it's a black screen with no sound.  Everything else on the PS3 appears to work (discs go in and out, controllers can synch)  I can execute the Recovery Menu procedure and the PS3 responds correctly, but the Recovery Menu does not show up on the screen.  I'm trying to figure out how to backup the game data without a screen.  Why doesn't PS3 support have a complete map of the XMB menu???     

This is my third PS3 anfter swapping two YLOD systems with PS3 support.  What gives?  My launch model PS2 lasted me until I bought a PS3; now I have to get a new PS3 every two years.       

Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size (phat/slim, GB size, default/custom HDD) - CECH2001A, default stock HDD (120 Gig?)

Internet connection (wired/wireless) - Wired high-speed DSL   

Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required) - Probably 4.21.  

Other probably unrelated details: Not a PSN+ member, wireless PS3 headset plugged in and charging but rarely used, playing with a wireless PS3 dualshock 3, second dualshock 3 plugged in and charging, system set to auto PSN login, gracefully shut down the last time I used it, PSN id pogo_loco, using a third party HDMI cable with a HD TV, using stock power cable.  

So other than getting this off my chest, what can we expect from Playstation?  

- pogo_loco 

UPDATE:  So the most embarassing thing in the world is to call up tech support and when they ask you to re-create the problem, your system works.  Despite a couple days of not getting any video out of my PS3, it worked just fine when I finally called the support guy.  All I can think is that I had unplugged every cable to get to the serial number (including the LAN connection) and only plugged the video and power cables to recreate the problem.  Maybe the LAN connection was messing with the PS3 boot process?  Who knows, but I sure hate feeling like a noob in front of a Tier 1 support guy.  Anyways, my PS3 has been solid for over a week since. 

UPDATE:  It's dead again.  I blame the firmware update.  Or solar flares.  Or whatever.  This sucks.

Message 228 of 728 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012

update to 4.25 from 4.21:game pad now keeps moving to the right

not good when playing cod:mw3.is there anyway back??my phat ps3

has never been jb...can anyone help:smileysad...

Message 229 of 728 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

80GB Phat model, default HDD

Use wireless

Updated from 4.20

I can sign into PSN, but after updating to 4.25, Mass Effect 3 crashed after playing for about an hour. My system rebooted, and the PS3 doesn't even recognize any game disc now (have tried Mass Effect 3, Little Big Planet, Skyrim, etc.).

No disc works. Blu Ray movies do not work, music CDs do not work, regular DVDs do not work.

This mandatory update that has caused this problem has restitution written all over it, especially after all the stories we're hearing about Sony customer service reps blaming the consumer for the problem and demanding $99 to fix something they broke. That's what makes this even more troubling. As a Sony shareholder, this is unacceptable.

Message 230 of 728 (525 Views)
0 Likes