0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 8, 2012

System: 300 gb, Slim

Connection: Wired

Firmware: 4.25 from 4.21

Issues: Netflix will crash the system if paused, rewound, or fast forwarded. The troubleshooting that I did with the Netflix associate that I spoke to did not fix any of the issues. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. My old phat system was working smoothly as well, until I was prompted to install the latest system standard update. Now, it also is experiencing the Netflix issues. I am also experiencing issues with downloading content from the PSN store. I receive an error code: 80029564. This error code initially showed up while I was downloading Tokyo Jungle, and has continued with other attempts to install games. I was experiencing severe lag in online multiplayer games, but that seems to have been fixed by resetting my router to default settings and triggering ports. I have done every type of trouble shooting that I can think of, except for restoring my system to default settings. I am affraid that it might become a brick. I hope that this gets straighted out before the end of the month. I had every intention of picking up the new 500 gb model at launch, but with these issues, I'm not sure that I will now. 

Message 473 of 728 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Have you guys tried to re-install 4.21 or 4.25 again via the Recovery Mode? If the console already has 4.25 then it can't go back down to 4.21 only trying to re-installing 4.25 to fix what's broken.

The best of luck for those with bricked PS3s. :-/

Message 474 of 728 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

I have a 120 slim with a wireless connection and only the required updates(4.25). Blu ray movies and game discs are not loading or being recongnized . This did not happen immediately however.

Message 475 of 728 (577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2012

• Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size (phat/slim, GB size, default/custom HDD)

PS3 40GB, refurbished.

• Internet connection (wired/wireless)

Wired

• Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required)

I updated from 4.21

Other notes:

Since the update my PS3 games (both discs and digital) won't boot properly most of the time. After trying several I can confirm that the PS3 appears to simply just stop when going through the Trophy update sequence that it does on all games. It doesn't outright crash, it merely gets stuck in that sequence indefinitely. For some games it forces me to reset the machine, for others I (the ones were the green trophy bar is visible) I can bring up the PS button menu. Attempting to quit the game will cause the PS3 to reset itself.

Downloadable PS1 games appear to always work.

Also, so far every time I get a single game working, they will all work for as long as the PS3 is running without any problems whatsoever, even if I change discs several times or sometimes even after a quick reset. The problem only appears after the PS3 has been turned off for a while.

Workaround

My solution so far has been to simply turn on the PS3 and wait for a few minutes before booting up a game, and reset if it doesn't. I have been able to get this solution to work consistently within five tries ever since the glitch started appearing.

Random stuff

Games may or may not be affected by whether I am online. It SEEMS to have slightly less problems if I unplug my ethernet cable before booting up (mainly so I don't annoy my friends by constantly signing in and out)

Games may or may not be affected by whether or not trophies are already installed for the game. Three games (Resident Evil 6, Stranger's Wrath HD and Dead or Alive 5) worked right away the first time I played them even after the glitch started to appear.

I hope that helps. I was worried my disc drive or hard drive were broken but like I said, once the game stop causing the PS3 to get stuck, they all work perfectly. T

Anyway,

Thanks for taking this issue seriously and allowing us to bring our experiences of the glitch here. I am sure you guys can work this out.

Message 476 of 728 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Those of you who have a sstem that turns on and runs games etc still and are worried your system won't get fixed. I have a suggestion for those willing to swap out for a new ps3.

Gamestop is running a promotion for Double Trade in Credit for Consoles. My ps3 was a 80gb Phat with No backwards compadbility.After 4.25 it started downloading super slow and nothing was fixing it. I called support they told me it was a hardware issue...whatever. So I called gamestop and asked what the TIV(trade in value) was He quoted me $180 for the system. That's a pretty fair price for a system 3 yrs old and which goes for about 250 for a new 160gb. So I took him up on it. Now the catch is you get a gamestop giftcard with the credit. So unless you intend on buying a new system directly from them or buying some gamesthis is not a great option.

The new Ps3 I got however was not from gamestop, but it was a steal kind of deal. Fry.com is having a sale until 11th on a Ps3 bundle. The 320Gb MW3 bundle plus Uncharted 3(regular) and Gran Turismo 5 XL edition , 1 mo of ps+for $299 (+10 if you get it shipped). I went and picked it up (you should be able to price match at local walmart, best buy, or target if local store still has stock for mw3 bundle) I was able to take enw one home transfer all my data and then take old phat in for trade in. Now I have a one year warranty and total net value loss was about $50 for a new ps3 with warranty and 3 epic games. (plus 1 mo of PS+)

The Trade in promotion runs thru the 21st and is a good option for people so they can go and buy a new system and back up their old one before they tradeit in. For the rest of you good luck, I suggest bugging Sony support some more!

Message 477 of 728 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Where is the effin firmware fix, I'm tired of the lagg everything system. I've noticed locally alot of ps3s for sale on craigslist probably because of this crap. I might trade one of my ps3s to gamestop for this double credit. My 120 gig unaffected but my 160 is crapola!!
Message 478 of 728 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Model # CECH-3001B, 320 GB phat, wired internet, defalut HDD and upadated from 4.21.

Message 479 of 728 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Sorry it was 4.20, my bad.

Message 480 of 728 (433 Views)
0 Likes