First Son
4 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 5, 2012

I already list the details of my system earlier, but its just an olf 2009 system that has never had any problems. It started to freeze if I shut down the system without quitting the game being played first. This started the first time I turn off my console after downloading the 4.25 Update.

Here's there temporary fix I've found:

Turn on to Safe Mode (look this up if you don't know it). Select Restore Files.

At this point, my system freezes. Unplug your system and wait 24 hours.

Plug it back in and maybe answer a few questions.

The system will eventually say the files are corrupted and spend a few minutes to correct them.

I lost my wallpaper, and the ps3 freezes again if I shut down the system without quitting my game first.

I'll have to be careful until Sony fixes their 4.25 update. If Sony would have provided a warning with their update, I would have never dowloaded it.

Message 451 of 728 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Hmmm.  On the conspiracy theory side, although completely unlikely.  

Perhaps Sony wished to boost sales of the new slim, so it figured it would send out firmware that fries systems.  Then when people call, they can say, "oh, that is not our fault.  Your system is dead, and out of warranty.  Why not go out and purchase the new PS3 Slim, its Fab."

LOL, that is absurd.  Isn't it?

Moble

Message 452 of 728 (735 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Hmmm.  On the conspiracy theory side, although completely unlikely.  

Perhaps Sony wished to boost sales of the new slim, so it figured it would send out firmware that fries systems.  Then when people call, they can say, "oh, that is not our fault.  Your system is dead, and out of warranty.  Why not go out and purchase the new PS3 Slim, its Fab."

LOL, that is absurd.  Isn't it?

Moble

O.O I was actually considering it, saw the 500gb bundle with AC3 on Newegg for $300, (i bought my 250gb for $500 when it was out). So it looks like a good deal to me.

But seriously i want this fixed, the PS3 is one of my favorite gaming platforms, between my i7-3930K+GTX 980 and Xbox 360 in performance. I prefer it for gaming especially with a controller. Though my PC has been stealing me away lately (my i7) i use DS3 tool to use my PS3 controller with it and emulate the 360 controller for most Windows games AND that Halo 4 for Xbox 360 might steal me for a while too, looks EPIC, think about that Sony!

(How'd i do reversing it on them?)
Message 453 of 728 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2012

F you Sony!

You bricked a friend of mine's ps3 too.

Know what he's doing tonight?

Going to find a store with only one ps3 in stock.

Going to take it home open it up and shove a butter knife into the disc slot.

Once he's jammed it around in there real good, he's going to pack it up and take it back within the hour.

says he's going to start doing it as a hobby, once a month or so just for kicks...

go figure.

Message 454 of 728 (707 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012
  • Phat, 60 GB, 250 HDD
  • Wired Internet
  • Updated from 4.20

Everytime I start a game (Borderlands ,Skyrim) it will say that it needs to read the HDD and to not turn off or it will corrupt. Then the game freezes and I have to turn the PS3 off by holding down the power button. I can still use Netflix, the Youtube app, and watch DVDs. I'm hoping this firmware is the problem an that my PS3 hasn't just been turned into a video player.

EDIT: I've even bought another HDD(160 GB) and switched them and the freezes still occur.

UPDATE 4.3 EDIT: The update fixed whatever freezing problem I had in 4.25.

Message 455 of 728 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 6, 2012

What are the issues exactly ? 

PS3 SLIM, 160gb, default HDD

Wireless
yes I updated from 4.21 to 4.25 

Get your Portable ID!
Laugh & Grow FAT!!!
Message 456 of 728 (651 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I have two PS3 slims, each  with a 160 gig hard drive.   One new, one old.  Both are currently running 4.25.  Most functions are normal (can connect to PSN, download system updates, even downloaded for Playstation Home to test). However, games will not update at all and I keep on getting the 80710723 error. It wasn't like this before.

Message 457 of 728 (544 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Hello,

I have a phat ps3 with an 80GB hard drive. Wireless internet connection. No custom settings or anything. It conked out while I was playing Infamous 2, starting one of the player made missions. The screen just went black and now only one disk that I have will work. No ps3 or ps2 game disks load. No Blue rays load. Only one of the DVD's I've tried works and that one loads normally every time. All other functions are normal. Download game can play fine, I can go to the internet, watch netflix, etc. I have tried fixing it with options 1-5 in the safe mode. Nothing helped. Odd that only one disk seems to run fine.

Message 458 of 728 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Don't know if this is related to 4.25, but the data transfer utility also did not work.   Kept on saying that there's no ethernet cable or the other PS was not turned on.  But both Ps3 slims were turned on, and the ethernet cable and the LAN ports were verified to be working as each could independently recognize a wired connection to the internet.

Message 459 of 728 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

So, I just turned on my PS3 on Thursday morning and played Reckoning: Kingdom of Amalur for about 45 minutes.  I noticed that it had not signed in to the PSN and assumed that a system update was available.  It was and I went ahead and started downloading it.  I walked away and about an hour later I cam back and the red power light was blinking. I didn;t think much of it and moved on.  This morning I went to play Reckoning again and I got a message that the system had not been shut down properly.  So, I turned the system back off since my controllers would not connect and restarted the system. Booted up no problem and I proceeded to load up Reckoning. Connected to PSN fine.  I tried to continue my game and the system shut down, and again with the blinking red light. It seems that the longer I let it sit, the longer I get before it shuts down (to a degree). I'm not able to enter safe mode at all.

Previous system software: 4.20

80GB default HDD

Wireless Internet Connection

Serial CM095086248-CECHE01

Message 460 of 728 (518 Views)
0 Likes