Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Dec 3, 2012
LAG I have been having this problem to the point where my ps3 is freezing up usually during startup of the playstation or upon exit of the game. It keeps telling me my ps3 is corrupted, which I don't understand, as I have never modded my ps3 and bought it new. When I first bought the system, there was a problem loading games, the drive would clunk when a new game was put in/loading. Sent it back 5 times before the problem was resolved a year later. Now this..... ugh. BTW I also cannot shut down my ps3 when this happens. Holding down the start button does nothing. I am playing a large file game (oblivion) but have the 500GB system so space should not be an issue, but I deleted a bunch of files anyway yesterday. Still ran slow after exiting game last night, and froze again upon startup today. (after attempting to fix corruption) I was told it was update 4.21/25 and dl'd update 4.25.1 to fix this but no improvement...
Please use plain text.
Message 681 of 728 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 3, 2012

also having controller issues. After i turn on the ps3 with the controller, it flashes until i have to plug in the controller to the usb and unplug it to get it to boot up as controller #1. No issues playing games, other than freezing upon loading.

Please use plain text.
Message 682 of 728 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 3, 2012

120gig slim, updated to 4.25 system starts freezing for 5 - 10 seconds at a time then it'll continue playing until it adventually completely freezes....on all games, and slow loads, even at home page, and it'll jump me back and forth on the screen all wiggin out too..took it to a friends to update it to 4.31 to hopefully fix it..but still doing the same thing..its irritating, i traded my brand new 250gig 360 for this!? -.-

Please use plain text.
Message 683 of 728 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I, too, am having odd issues and believe it's with the latest firmware version 4.31, not sure if it has happened since 4.25 or not.

I have two PS3s, one slim and one super slim.

I just bought a new superslim from the Black Friday sale and noticed this issue with the firmware, that if I have very large downloads processing, or if I have many downloads in my downloads list, like ModNation Racers which is 11GB from the PSN store, after a while, the system will freeze completely.

This happens over wireless and ethernet on both PS3 systems, and it's completely random.

I thought it could have been my internet connection so I took my superslim PS3 to my friend's house and had it lock up twice out of 5 times on large downloads.

That's the only issue that I have into so far with with this latest firmware version. 

I will report back if my issues are resolved with the next firmware update

Please use plain text.
Message 684 of 728 (508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Dec 6, 2012

HAS ANYONE AT ALL FOUND A WAY OF GETTING THEIR PS3 TO STAY ONLINE??????? ,IV TRIED EVERYTHING,I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY PS3 BUT IM ONLY PUTTING UP WITH THIS UNTIL CHRISTMAS ,THEN ILL TRY ASSASSINS CREED 3 ON THE PC ,I WILL NOT BUY NEW SOFTWARE ,FOR A SHABBY CONSOLE ,IM GETTING REALLY DESPERATE NOW!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 685 of 728 (460 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I also have the slim 320gb and its doing the same thing, however no matter what I do there's no fixing it.
Please use plain text.
Message 686 of 728 (457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 7, 2012
This happened to me along with another friend, safe mode didn't work, nor reset resolution. Presenting the controller didn't do anything either...
Please use plain text.
Message 687 of 728 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Resetting*
Please use plain text.
Message 688 of 728 (416 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Ever since my update I've not been able to watch movies beyond 54%. And when I'm in PlayStation store it moves extremely slow. I tried to download a movie and it is just stuck at 54% and just displaying pending. I canceled the download and restarted it and still it stops at 54% and displays pending I'm not able to watch this whole movie
Please use plain text.
Message 689 of 728 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

I've noticed particular websites now 'crash' (freeze- requiring a hard shut off :catsad: for ex.: petco, and many others, 

but for some reason it (my PS3) *really* hates petco, also having same probs w/Netflix etc., as everyone else. 

I have: 320 gig, Slim profile, 30 mbps down/ 10 up wired cable, Orig. config. 

This "patch " broke my internet (plus other stuff, but internet's most noticeable ), but fixed some other small issues. 

All in all?? I'd rather the little stuff from b4 this crappy  "fix"!! :smileytongue: :smileyfrustrated:  OMG!!! Just crashed while editing this!! 

BUT this is a good thing, strangely. The issue that caused this was caused by coflicting signals at the same time. I hit the wrong button & b4 I knew it happened I'd hit another. This is script related, I'd thought so, but now I'm sure. Hope this helps someone fix it...ahem... :smileytongue: 

Have a great day!!

Please use plain text.
Message 690 of 728 (285 Views)
0 Likes