First Son
3 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 9, 2012

Sorry again it was a slim, not very bright tonight.

Message 481 of 728 (825 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Hey Joystick worrior,

My PS3 having problem after update to 4.25 firmware, it keep restarting itself.

May i know any solution comes out so far? Because i didn't see any new update yet.

Below are the details.

PS3 model: CECHH06, 40GB Phat

Internet connection: Wireless

Message 482 of 728 (784 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I have a PS3 slim 80g updated to 4.25, updated last week Oct 1st, from 4.20 or earlier version. My PS3 hasnt been updated in about 6 months. My issues

1. Will play start, Video games God of War Saga (last played oct 8th), Castlevania (loaded and updated, I didnt go into game play) (examples)

2. Will not play blu-ray movies Act of Valor/Avengers (examples)

every where i look for answers its either replace laser or clean it..but no solid support from Sony on non invasive fixes. Not sure if this is just the system, its about 3 years old. Never had a problem with sony products not lasting, or if this is a firmware update issue....I hope its resolved soon. I dont want to have to take it to a non sony repair shop ei some guys house! 

Message 483 of 728 (715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Updated the other day from 4.20, immediately after update system will not read any discs (games, B-rays or cd's) .The indicator in the upper right corner just spins forever. Have never had an issue before the update. Hard to believe its a coincedence.

Phat 80G,default hd ,wireless

Message 484 of 728 (668 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 10, 2012

To Sony employees reading this, please give feedback...are you guys waiting for a 100 page report or something?

Message 485 of 728 (640 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Sony employees and/or moderators on this forum, quit ignoring 4.25

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

It's obvious at this point no offense, had plenty of time and plenty of feedback, there is something obviously wrong here. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but there's no reason for this awkward wait. What exactly happened?

Did someone in the firmware tech. team mess up or what?

Message 486 of 728 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

My PS3 no longer reads disc (games, or BD) after the update to 4.25, also If I leave a disc in the drive and restart the system the disc does not appear in the menu. Please help!!!

PS3 phat, 60gb, default hdd

wired internet connection

Not sure of the previous update might have been 4.20

Message 487 of 728 (606 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 10, 2012

i have listed my make and model earlier ,my main problem seems to be signing in to the network ,,ISNT IT TIME WE HAD SOME KIND OF RESONSE FROM SONY!!!!!!!!! this is extremley frustrating!!!!!!!

Message 488 of 728 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Hey, I came back with new findings.

I can confirm that resetting the PS3 to factory settings does not solve the problem, I even replaced the entire Harddrive which changed absolutely nothing except I now have twice as much space. I am 10 000% sure it's not the disc drive that causes the games not to load because even completely new downloadable games like Hell Yeah! are effected.

Also while I said the PS3 games can be made to boot up normally with some effort and that they play perfectly, well there were more issues. See the games DO run perfectly, but autosave heavy games like RE6 will eventually crash even if you get them to run because the saving mechanic freezes. The game continues to run perfectly, but in games like Tekken Tag 2 and Hell Yeah you can see the saving icon stays on the screen seemingly forever. If you exit the game (for some games it's enough to just go back to the main menu) or if the same process happens again, the console will freeze and then reboot itself. Basically what it means I can play a game for six hours in a row and have zero issues, or I can have a game get stuck before it's even booted up. It seems completely random and affects all games.

I thought replacing the entire harddrive (it's a different size AND different brand) would help the PS3 get the saving issue right (save files are stored localy after all) but it didn't help at all. I think this heavily implies that the firmware is the culprit here since it's the only thing that remained in place even after I replaced the harddrive.

Please have a look.

Message 489 of 728 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I have model #cech-2501b. Did the mandatory 4.25 update from 4.20. Wired Now my Ps3 is a paperweight. It say, Cannot Start. The appropriate system storage was not found.

Shouldn't have to pay any money for sony's mistake. Hopefully they fix the problem soon.

Message 490 of 728 (466 Views)
0 Likes