First Son
2 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 6, 2012

I have been having trouble on system start-up and getting into games on black-opps is slow, I get into games after they already started.

When system turned on it will freeze, also on shut down it locks up. It is also slow when ever hard drive is in use

Please use plain text.
Message 461 of 728 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1949 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Issues grabbing the latest update for NetFlix app

System would reset after it said please wait

I'd get the notice about the system not turning off properly and go through system restore thing

Got the NetFlix app update on my 3rd try

Photobucket
Princess Robot Bubblegum ( ¯◡◡¯ )
Please use plain text.
Message 462 of 728 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Just started to get issues after playing marvel vs capcom 3 (the original) for a bit.... 

I assumed it was an issue trying to connect ps3 until i logged into another ps3 account and noticed it was very slow.

Oh yes new slim ps3 wih 120 gb original hdd

wi-fi (i believe a relatively slow connection 15 mbps)

i believe i updated from 4.20...not sure

any news on whats going on or how to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 463 of 728 (590 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Well I have the original 60gig fat ps3 (bought on day one) and have already sent it in once for a 2.71 brick job. Paid $150, no big deal, but I rarely use my ps3 now and then  to watch new BD.  In order to play a new game  you have to update.  so I did to 4.01 and it bricked the BD function on my ps3(I get the loading icon only and doesn't even show a disc is loaded),so  I called the customer service # and they wanted me to pay the $99 again.  So I decided to wait to see if a newer firmware update would fix the problem. But it has not, so I will be calling Monday to talk to a supervisor, explaining that I "Used" to only buy Sony products "over 10 k in products since 2000". Guess when one company has a monopoly on the Bluray disk industry, then you must bend over and take it.  Where is the class action suit when you need one!!!  If you are mandatory to update in order to watch movies/play games that are new, should't a company be held responsible for a firmware update that they release?

Please use plain text.
Message 464 of 728 (566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Well its been a week since my last post and this thread has grown rapidly, I havent contacted Sony to hear their **bleep** stories and after talking to alot of friends they have not turned their ps on since getting wind of this problem ! I wish someone had told me :smileysad: so now everyone is playing their xbox...

Safe mode still wont work just sits there idling like it should be working with no visual...

I have thousands of dollars worth of Sony crap in my house, trucks, boat and cars and I feel i have been screwed and with Sonys responses in the posts earlier I am disgusted to be a Sony supporter and will never purchase another Sony product ever again im going to buy a Xbox and will not look back.....

I wish you all luck in fighting these idiots for what is not your fault ( that sounds wrong doesnt it ):smileymad:

ardugmore@gmail.com

K1LL5TREAKER-_-_

Please use plain text.
Message 465 of 728 (526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2012

NETFLIX FREEZES upon pause/restart, skip, ff, etc. not tied to stream in that pic quality is fine and loading time ok too. once nf freezes the units -- both a slim a nd a regular, wired and wireless-- and hard reset is needed with lenthy corrupted data check. you should LIKE LET US REVERT TO OLDER UPDATE WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE ..NO, not neflix's fault since works fine thru panny dvd player

Please use plain text.
Message 466 of 728 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2012
120 gig slim....main issue is game disks not loading since the update. Just wondering if I purchased a new blu-ray/ c-dvd player and installed it would the update corrupt it also and cause it not to work since the firmware update is on the hard drive?
Please use plain text.
Message 467 of 728 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2012
I have ps3 slim 320 gb I updated to 4.25 via wifi and system is slow & and just stops for couple of seconds, internet is not working properly. Need update as soon as possible. It seems like sony is pushing me to use xbox that I was planning to sell. Not sure what should I do now.
Please use plain text.
Message 468 of 728 (418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1272 posts

Oct 7, 2012

A huge issue with lag.

Just on another issue since you did the server migration with Socom Confrontation the lag is making the game unplayable.

I don't know if these are seperate issues,but something has changed and its very noticeable.

Please use plain text.
Message 469 of 728 (409 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1272 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Yes 4.21 prompted user's to update in the top right corner. I could not play online until I installed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 470 of 728 (411 Views)
0 Likes