Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
12 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 4, 2012

I just wanted to let everyone know a few important things.

First, I too have been experiencing freezes and crashes, corrupted data etc. Sony said they were aware of it and hopefully fix it soon with a future update. yeah whatever, I wont hold my breath. I have tried all of the safe mode crap, uninstalling/re-installing games to no avail.

Second, after troubleshooting the heck out of it and finally formatting my HD wiping it clean and its still messed up I came to a few conclusions.

DO NOT format your HD as it wont solve anything and only wastes your time.  

My HD is not corrupt and or fried even though it says it is. If it were I wouldnt be able to format and have the functionality, although limited, that I do.  TRY DEACTIVATING BOTH GAME AND VIDEO under account settings, shuting down, rebooting in safe mode, and running the restore HD function 3. Then reactivate both the game and video. This alleviated most of my problems except netflix which will still make my system crap itself everytime upon running it.

IT IS the operating system that is bugged and corrupted, Firmware 4.25, which will keep you in a "loop" saying your HD is corrupted and causing freezing issues and whatnot. This will only go away when there is a non bugged firmware released assuming it wont be broke either.

You see, when you do a full format, it wipes EVERYTHING from HD like it came out of the box EXCEPT FIRMWARE 4.25, thus the problem, at least in my case, is narrowed down to it being the problem. I called sony only to tell them and they said they are collecting data and working on a fix, fully acknowledging to me something is wrong with the update.  Only problem is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which machines are affected and what functions, so I feel they prob wont correct it for a while as it seems complicated. This is apparent being that they are asking for everyones help on these forums describing what system and issues they are having.. I would hold of paying to have your system "fixed" if you feel it was update 4.25 because it is likely in most cases to be the OS that is corrupt and needs fixed.

Message 431 of 728 (482 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 4, 2012

My PS3 started turning off on it's own about 1 1/2 to 3 days after I installed the update. I am absolutely furious, because this has never happened before. I keep hearing the same story from ten's of other people on these forums. I want answers.

Message 432 of 728 (464 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I have to say this all has me nervous now.  I have not got to use my system that much since the 4.25 Update.  If this is an issue that does not readily surface, then I am nervous about turning the system back on, until there is a fix to the situation.  

I honestly have not read all the posts in the thread, due to not having any issues to date.  In a quick, and I mean quick, recap, what is happening to the systems?  In this I mean, the most common issue associated with the version 4.25.

Concerned,

Moble

Message 433 of 728 (448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I thought i'd share something weird that happened to me. I downloaded the update via PC, was gonna update by usb. It showed the size of the update to be 192 MB but the download was complete at 32.7 MB. Not sure what happened with it but i think I'll wait a little longer to update now.

Message 434 of 728 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Can I go back to 4.21???? I cant even log on to PSN.
Message 435 of 728 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

- Original 60GB

- wireless

- I believe it was 4.21

I updated from a flashdrive two nights ago. It updated fine. I had just bought GT5 and had to download 18 updates for that. I did 17 and turned it off. Next day I got the final update, and played the game for 90+ mins. So far so good.

Today I turned on the PS3, went to GT5, watched part of the opening movie. I hit X and went to the main menu. Attempted to go to the news updates and the game froze. I removed the disc, and turned off the machine by holding down the power button for 10+ sec.

I attempted to turn on the machine with the PS button on the controller, nothing. The four lights flashed for like 30 secs and then went out.  Same results when I connected the controller with a USB cable.

The PS3 turned on with the power button. There was a green light, but the controller still won't connect, and there is no signal to the TV.

Message 436 of 728 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Sin6X wrote:

CECH-2001B, 250gb

Wired connection

Upgraded from 4.21

Was fine for a little while, but in game (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier) after restarting a checkpoint, the loading icon started to lag, then it eventually just froze, tried to turn it off with the power button which would normally work when games freeze and it just reboots, but it was just frozen there for a good 25-30mins. So i turned off the power switch, and turned it back on, i expected file corruption, though the message didn't prompt as it would normally for that. I noticed the game disc icon wasn't showing up, and it isn't working for any of my games or Blu-ray movies now, (DVD/CD show fine). I booted the console in recovery mode, restored the filesystem, didn't fix it, rebuild the database, didn't fix it either. I'm considering a full restore/format, but of course i'd like to avoid that. It's possible that the blu-ray laser died (i suppose), but that's just... too coincidental, and the system ran like new, never once had a disc read error, and i'm not getting any errors, it just won't load Blu-rays now.

An update to my previous, i decided to try the game again, i got it to show up once but it returned an error this time: "An error occurred during the start operation. (80010514)". The best explaination for this so far that i've found was @ http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2008/04/10/ps3-error-80010514-explained/ - Other than that, nothing else. Couldn't get it to do it again either.

Funny thing, i only went online to try and sync my trophies and noticed the update, i was playing that game for 2 days before with no issues, and the day i upgrade... :[
Message 437 of 728 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 5, 2012

i havent been able to log in to the network or play online for ages now ,cant sony please tell us officially that they are doing something about it ,it would make the torture a bit more bearable ,or is it a case of we have your money so stuff you

Message 438 of 728 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 5, 2012

CRAZYH666 wrote:

i havent been able to log in to the network or play online for ages now ,cant sony please tell us officially that they are doing something about it ,it would make the torture a bit more bearable ,or is it a case of we have your money so stuff you

Has anyone called 1-800-345-SONY yet?  I don't have time right now, kinda busy @ work.  If anyone has called, what information have they given, and when was it that you called?  I will try online tech support chat.

Moble

Message 439 of 728 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I called the 800 number and they swear it's not Firmware which is an outright lie. I finally unplugged my system because I got tired of playing the runaround game with Sony. I'm going public soon with us being left in the dark.

Message 440 of 728 (315 Views)
0 Likes