First Son
23 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Oct 3, 2012

did you run a full system restore or just a settings restore?

because I'll run a settings restore, but I'm not willing to lose my game saves because Sony can't fix their mistakes.

Message 411 of 728 (593 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Run the Backup utility first then to save all your game stuff to a flash drive or similar then you can import it back onto the system.

Yes, I did the deactivation of the system for media and games in Account Settings then System Settings>Restore PS3 System>Quick.
Message 412 of 728 (583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 3, 2012

ahh thank you for the information.. unfortunately for me, I don't have access to a flash drive.. either way I caved in, and went to PCgamesupply.com you can purchase PSN game codes and they email the code to you... personally I had a great experience with them, I bought a $10 code just to see the legitimacy of this website, and it all cleared through, $10 into my wallet... code worked fine,  no issues...and it lets you use PayPal as a method of payment, so none of your personal finance information has to be revealed.  only downside is that you get about a $65 spending limit per day, but I can live with that... temporary solution to a problem that needs to be fixed. but yes, PCgamesupply.com IS legitimate and works well... so for the funding issues, I can say that I trust this site... I know that that means nothing to some people, but I am a PSN customer like all of you, looking for solutions.

Message 413 of 728 (577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Joystick_warrior, what you said about the 4.21 update is false, at least in my case.

(quote:Keep in mind no one was required to update to 4.21 so if you didn't manually check for the update, you were never informed of it.)

I am on 4.10 because nearly all updates after it are making the consoles useless.

Now, when I tried to go onlIne, it told me that 4.21 was a *required* update.

So, my console still works, but I can't go Online because of these required updates that seem to be somewhat malicious.

Someone needs to get on the ball and fix these updates.

Oh, and If you called Customer support, they said 4.21 was not an official update and that it would cost (I don't remember exactly, but this is close) $149 to fix. Even when under warranty.

This is **bleep**.

*sigh* if this isn't resolved soon, I may have to move to a differant system.

(Well, it's been a good 10+ year run with playstation for me, I guess I should be thankful for that.)
Message 414 of 728 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 3, 2012

After reading post after post, i have posted here too. You all need to realise saying something here isnt going to change anything at all,  me and other people from here and all over the globe have been in touch with Sony and its the exact same response to all of us, "since your the 1st person to report this problem"  WHAT ALOAD OF SH!T  They did the same thing with the mass YLOD incident, claimed they never knew  of any problems elsewhere even though there were hundreds of thousands of people contacting them about it, in the UK it was even shown on national tv, yet they still tried to deny the fact, and they are going to do exactly the same thing here, do yourself a favour. dont waste your time posting on here or contacting Sony about the problem becuase you are going to get nowhere! spend your time reporting this to whatever authority it is in your Country/Region and let them approach Sony with all our complaints together and get it resolved. For the love of god do not give Sony any money for this problem like the thousands did with the YLOD, they do not deserve it for their own mistakes!

i am no Sony hater, i have been a valued customer of Sony for over a decade, from the PS1 to blu ray players, tv's the lot..but i refuse to be patronised taken for a simpleton and robbed of money for your own mistakes and lies

Message 415 of 728 (370 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2012
  • Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size (phat/slim, GB size, default/custom HDD)

55 GB Phat Backwards Compatible Model CECHE01 default HDD

• Internet connection (wired/wireless)

Wireless

• Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required)

Updated from 4.20

PS3 now will not play bluerays and none of my games will play either, nor will burned movies.

Message 416 of 728 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 4, 2012

In response as of what happened to people who installed 4.25, which I haven't reading the horror stories, sorry Sony, but isn't worth destroying my PS3 over.

Stop ignoring your customers, it seems like you are all trying to hide something, Joy-Stick Warrior these customers have been waiting for a response for a long time, I'm not mad by any means, but a answer would be nice right now.

I advice everyone to phone in and email directly.

Message 417 of 728 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Calling in or email wont get you any further than this forum unfortunately. They just deny the issue is firmware related over both mediums. The word "coincidence" becomes a popular word. They will simply say you have to send the ps3 in ad pay the out of warranty charge if its out of warranty. I flat out asked a supervisor 'If you guys eventually determine its an issue would I have to pay that' He told me he imagined I wouldn't have to but said that wasn't going to happen. I then told him me paying that charge wasn't going to happen either.

Message 418 of 728 (319 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I've never had any issues whatsoever with my connection since I have owned my PS3. Until this dumb update hit. They had to of messed with some network stuff or something. This is BS that their ignoring 40+ pages of complaints.
Message 419 of 728 (300 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Joysitck Warrior have you "narrowed down the problems" yet?  Here's the summary.  Sony hosed us. and they don't care.

Message 420 of 728 (294 Views)