Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Sep 24, 2012

My PS3 is really screwed up now. it gives me a blinking red light after the update and won't do anything.

Fat model 40 gig. original

wired internet

update from 4.20

Message 281 of 728 (999 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

For everyone that encountered the install loop after downloading 4.25, this is a workaround that should unbrick your system.

After downloading and installing 4.21 without a hitch, I immediately downloaded 4.25 as I wasn't automatically logging into PSN as usual. Downloading stopped at 99% and after waiting about 20 mins, my PS3 shutdown and restarted. The install also stopped at 99% until I finally received the 8002F310 error.

After numerous reboots as instructed by the error message, I removed the HDD and reformatted it. I downloaded update 4.25 from my pc onto a flash stick and inserted it into my PS3 before putting my HDD back in and powering it back on. PS3 performed another format and updated through the flash stick fixing the problem.

Luckily I back up my 80GB fat PS3 (replacement 300GB HDD) occasionally despite flawless performance the 4 years I've owned it and managed to get most of my game data back. That being said, I find it hard to believe this problem happening right after I attempted to download 4.25 is merely the result of coincidence. Particularly since others appear to have the exact same problem on this thread.

I'll be honest, this incident and Sony's reaction to it is deeply disappointing. I refused to buy the first Xbox and the 360 because of my distaste for MS and their fanbase (only MS fanboys could defend a product with a 60% failure rate), but after this I'll be weighing MS's customer service against Sony's product quality when deciding who's next-gen system I'll be purchasing in the coming year(s).

Message 282 of 728 (965 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 24, 2012

120Gb Slim Model

10 Months Old

Been to 1 repair, not software related.

Updated from 4.20 > 4.25 via USB (as I've always done)

Thereafter I have been experiancing problems, which are the following :

I cannot get my PS3 to be read by either my HD (HDMI Connection) TV or SD (AV cable) TV. It turns on, the fans run, the lights turn on; you know the usual. But no picture.

I've tried the whole video reset and safe mode over a hundered times. To no avail

I have managed to get it to turn on twice in the past week and in those times it would freeze about 10 minutes into its use. 

I mind you, I only had this issue after I updated to 4.25 as I play online ALOT.:smileymad:

The first time it turned on I played AC : Revelations and I got static on the screen, three PS3 bleeps and that was it.

Please Sony, fix this.

Message 283 of 728 (955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Ever since  I upgraded  my PS3 to firmware 4.25 I  am no longer able to to stream media between my laptop and my PS3. My laptop detects my PS3 but my PS3 does not detect my laptop.

Message 284 of 728 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I've been having the same issues.....

My PS3 slim which I have had since Spring 2010 has decided to have network card issues over the last week. At times I can download stuff of PSN with the slightest problem and a demo can take 14-15 minutes which is normal. Other times, whatever I try to d/l will hang and not start to download at all. The best of all is these right here.......... 270,000 minutes to download LittleBigPlanet 2, that is 4500 hours. LOL! I have a 30 mbps connection with Comcast.

Image 1

Image 2

I've reformatted my PS3, called Comcast to see if something is up with my connection, contacted Sony this morning, and have tried all kinds of different settings with my wireless router to no avail. I even tried wired and I am still getting terrible download speeds. I even tried my kids PS3 to download a few things and I am getting the same results.

I am to a point right now where I am about to just give up.

Message 285 of 728 (785 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Sep 25, 2012

my ps3 is the 250GB version with a 500GB hdd on it, i updated from 4.21 and for the record i had 4.21 in the 500gb hdd for a while and no issues at all, now after i updated the ps3 menus in the xmb take a while to show like if im in the game section and i want to scroll to the friends it lags for a second after i hit right button, right now im watching a bluray and when i went to crank up the volume i hit triangle for the menu went to the speaker icon to volume up after i have it where i want it i hit x to select it it took a solid 6 to 7 seconds for the volume indicator to dissapear when this was instant in all the other firmwares and that same lag applies to everything, as far as i can see this lag doesnt happen in game atleast call of duty mw3 is what i play since the firmware update if you need more details let me know i can try to be more specific but its annoying to have this lag, oh btw the movie doesnt lag but the menus of the ps3 in the bluray does lag

Message 286 of 728 (780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I have the 320gb version have had every update sent by Sony, and ever since the 4.25 update, the ability to download anything is impossible. It starts then gives me an astronomical number like 1000 minutes for a 34 mb download. I have a wireless connection with 15mbs download so it should take maybe a minute or 2, and most of the time it is giving me error. I just bought new games and cannot play them due to the system not being able to download the needed update. Seriously I thread is only helpful if you are giving us answers but from what I have seen, people have been complaining for a couple of weeks and no answer, if there is a fix let us know, if you are working on a fix let us know, or if you are pretty much saying screw you let us know . But to only give us a thread is a slap in the face.

For the record my PS3 is not even a year old and this happens with a mandatory update, in the future test you update before mass releasing it to the public.

And for all the noobs who came posting theres work fine, leave this thread for people who have a legitimate issue for their system.

Uncharted 320gb system default HDD, Wireless, and I assume I did from 4.21 but definitely from 4.20

Message 287 of 728 (610 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I have been checking the forums the last few days, and as mentioned in the above posts, I am also having problems with downloads and patch updates for games. I have called sony 3 times now and they all say the same thing,it's my router and I need to open ports. Funny thing is before this update that was not needed. They are not telling the customers the  truth on what is going on, and looks like they really don't care either. I never had any problems like this on my xbox360 and I am thinking about going back. This is horrible customer service to not respond to any of these posts. Some people can't even use their ps3's . Wake up Sony and do something about this !!!!!:smileymad:

MiNdOfADaRkSoUl Trophy Card
Message 288 of 728 (596 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I noticed when the somethings wrong with the sony servers and when im playing a game is i press the ps button and i close it the clock would spin for 10 15 seconds t did about 5 times yesturday and like 3 times the day before and when i tried to turn on my ps twice i got lost connection to sony entertainment like twice.

Message 289 of 728 (583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I have problems with my ps3, since I Update to 4.25 i have black screen.

i have connected my ps3 system with other tvs like sony and it works Great. my tv is a Sharp. Before Update it was working GREAT! i follow steps of reseting video settings, everything, can anybody help? 

Message 290 of 728 (535 Views)
0 Likes