First Son
8 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

80 gig CECHLO1

Wired 

4.20 I believe

I have, second iteration of the 80 gig, CECHLO1 the one without the backwards compatibility. Worked fine never tampered with it.  4.25 comes around the disc drive forgets it had a disc in it. Do a restart, recognizes it. Shut it off turn it back on the next day same problem. Can't restart the system for some reason. Got the disc out after a couple restarts. Now the drive is unresponsive. I know its not a mechanical failure since the drive never had problems before, ran beautifully. Note the drive does work it just isn't recognized. This saddens me I have 2460 dollars worth of products on my shelves that are now worthless.  But the playstation store and everything on the HDD works fine. That's just the part I rarely use.

The funniest part about this is the fact that sony did this to stop piraters and they're the ones with working systems. Why is the paying costumer screwed over in all this. I just want to play some Max Anarchy, which I imported. Just why....

Message 231 of 728 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Me thinks it has something to do with their current iteration of the ps3 the super slim since its board is different from the previous versions of the ps3.

Since its mechanical in design I would hazard a guess that it only function when the lid is close so the mother board looks for that rather than starting it up when the system is turned on. this rewrite on the firmware is causing the boards to have difficulty since they originally required the drive to be on at all times.  

Since the did not do a seperate update for each type of system one for ps3/pslim and superslim this is causing an error in the older products. 

So if they want to fix this they are going to have to go back and create a second update a 4.26a for the older systems that recognizes the older disc drives so that system that were unitentionally borked by this can run again. 

but this is all just a guess I'm a mechanical engineer not an electrical, so who knows at this point what it is.

Message 232 of 728 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Tactical777 @ The new PS3 Slim is a PS3 Slim it's not a "PS3 Super Slim" that's just an unofficial term used.

New PS3 Slim is a 4000 series model.
Message 233 of 728 (560 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

@PlayerUMD alright but it doesn't change the fact that they change the mother board layout to work with new type of drive. This then caused the older systems with the original type to have difficulties.

Message 234 of 728 (557 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I want to know why Sony has yet to issue an official statement to the problem. I'd say I was surprised, but considering how long it took them to own up to the PSN debacle last year, I'm not surprised. But hey, it'll get fixed and they'll offer everyone free games that are 4 years old. :smileyindifferent:
Message 235 of 728 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 22, 2012

From what i've read on various boards, this firmware update fried the diode in the laser on many of the older phat systems.

So it's not getting fixed with a firmware update.

anybody really think sony is going to replace all the systems IT fried with IT'S update?

Not likely.

xbox360 here i come.

And Sony, whether you realise it or not, you will pay 10 fold for my broken system and every game i ever purchased for it.

Message 236 of 728 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Same problem here: went to use love film said i needed update after update console had solid green light no visuals and controller not conneccting to console is an update via some sort of safe mode possible?
Message 237 of 728 (461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
sorry i have the slim 60gb
Message 238 of 728 (460 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I'm REALLY hoping your firmware just blocked the xmb from displaying games. I swear if your update actually FRIED my PERFECTLY GOOD blu ray drive...oh boy, if you think I'm already mad, you are in for a rude awakening. You guys gonna post an official response? You think you're little "if you want to take us to court first we're gonna make it a pain in the @$$ to do so by forcing you to use a pen and paper and opt out of our little dbag agreement stating you can't file a lawsuitt" ploy will keep me from taking this to the law? I have my pen and paper ready. You better fix this for free. HOW can a firmware update ACTUALLY FRY A BLU RAY DIODE? ANYONE?

Message 239 of 728 (460 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Hi I'm having for the first time in 5 years problems after this update

• Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size : Phat 40 GB , Default HDD 
  • Internet connection (wired/wireless) : Wireless 
  • Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required): can't remember but i think it was 4.21

I just bought the PES 2013 and after couple of  massive editing for the game , the game freeze at once (it's like there is a limit for it !!) 

whether this is the editing menu or even the game screen .. it seems there is an issue with the graphic card ? 

I re-did the whole editing for the players and it seems after a little bit of tweeking the problem comes back .. i thought it was the PES 2013 problem so i scrolled through the PES forums not a single problem reported from the game 

I took the option file (Thought maybe my PS3 is having a lens problem )  to a friend of mine who has the slim 120 GB default HDD and the problems happened too when we were about to kick off a football match.. we played another very lightly edited option file (same game ) it worked brilliantly .. as if the update made some restrications on the performance of the graphic card or something 

I think we need a new firmware for this Sony..

Message 240 of 728 (434 Views)
0 Likes