First Son
4 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Sep 18, 2012

I went to off ps3 and turn back on now i cant get picture no matter if i wiggle hdmi or not! This is not good! I am on the phone to sony at the moment. I will post what they say as soon as I find out. They said wait time is 7 mins. or less.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 728 (644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I just got off the phone with sony. They troubleshooted me through and the end result was the same no picture on screen even with the a/v cable! They said that some people like to blame the problem on the update that they think its something in the system and it was just ironic that it happend during the update. (Haven't I heard that one before) Well anyways its still under the 1 year warranty so they are sending me a pre-paid box to ship back to them and they said it will take 3-5 days to receive the box, then it take about a week for them to get it via FED EX, and then about another week tor me to get it back and most likely a new one. So there you go folks! I guess I'll be out of a ps3 for about 3 weeks! Time to bring out my roku for streaming! And no nfl sunday ticket for 3 weeks and I wonder if they offer a discount on that while i have no service? When it rains it pours!

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 728 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 18, 2012
jedchang @ Or you can cross your fingers and hope everything goes OK without any semi-bricks or full-bricks.

I myself am on 4.21 just because what I wanted I've downloaded and 4.25 doesn't really offer anything new. If I were a PS Plus member I'd probably have my PS3 Slim updated but I don't.
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 728 (617 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I wish i would of kept the old update! Sometimes new isn't always better!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 728 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 18, 2012

It appears the update has killed my PS3 as well.  Here are the details as requested:

• 120 GB Slim
  • Wired
  • 4.20 previous

On the first try of the update, it went to 99% and just froze.  On a second try, it installed and went to automatically reboot.  However, although it powered up, there was no signal as the TV said to check the power, cables or source.  I even tried hooking it up to another TV and still nothing.  I can load a disk and eject it but that it about it.  I will make the worthless call to Sony tomorrow but I have to say this is b.s.

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 728 (576 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2012

They tried that mess with me and I'm not falling for it. I'm not in the warranty period and I never had trouble out of my system. They're trying to dupe the consumers out of money for their screw ups. If they don't do anything, I will use my journalistic powers and take this nationally if I have to. 

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 728 (567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2012

This is just pathetic. Really pathetic. Not only is Sony horrible with their security, they're also horrible with their hardware AND software. I've had 3 PS3s and all 3 are useless. Drive died, YLOD, and with this update, my last PS3, constant freezing. I'm no fanboy, but I'd rather go play my Xbox 360 now. I'm fed up and through with Sony's nonesense. Sony will no longer be having my business, I hope other people follow suite. What's it going to take for Sony to get it together? Until they go out of business? Losing billions of yen apparently wasn't a wake up call.

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 728 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I have a PS3 model CECHLO2, phat 80gb, default HDD, wired internet connection.  I think I had the latest update (4.21), but am not 100% sure.

The only problem I've had is that the PS3 no longer outputs via HDMI to a DVi-D cable.  It's not the cable as the same cable works on my Xbox 360 and it's not my projector's DVDi-D input as it works with the same cable with my Xbox 360.  The HDMI output works fine to my Sony personal 3d headset (so HDMI to HDMI appears to work fine).

When I reset the A/V settings on the PS3, the  PS3 does recognise that a HDMI unit is available, but when I select to output via HDMI (connected to my projector with the HDMI to DVi-D cable)  the projector just displays a blue image with static and pixels for a few seconds, then turns black for a second or two and then back to the blue screen for a few seconds.....this is the only image being displayed when using the hdmi-dvi-d cable(the projector first outputs a 1080i image and then changes to 576p...but still just has the blue and then black screen).

This happened the first time after I updated to 4.25.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm in Australia if that makes any difference.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 728 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I have a 160 gb slim and i updated from 4.21 to 4.25 i have a wired connection and i am only having issues with Madden 13 the digital version since the Update.

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 728 (493 Views)
0 Likes
EZT
First Son
3 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I have the original phat 60GB PS3 with 150GB custom HD installed.  Internet connection is wired.  Updated from 4.21.

Ever since the update, I can no longer use the Sony PS3 Bluetooth controller.  The controller is probably the 1st series that was produced.  I have tried new batteries and tried to re-register the device.  Nothing has worked.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 728 (431 Views)
0 Likes