Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Sep 17, 2012

Well Sony?

I count dozens and dozens of bricked ps3's in this thread due to your update.

You going to pretend like it's not your problem?

Message 101 of 728 (702 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 17, 2012
onscreen55 @ $ony can't be sued now for any and all PlayStation 3 systems that are bricked so chances are they don't care.

It really does everything.
Message 102 of 728 (657 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 17, 2012

When's this gonna be fixed? 11 pages of complaints has got to be something significant...

I actually have a fear of playing specific games now because of this freezing.

Message 103 of 728 (608 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Phat ps3 40gb hd (default)

Wired connection

Upgraded from 4.21 to 4.25

Playstation no longer reads games, DVDs. this is just wonderful.  Fix my stuff!

Message 104 of 728 (590 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I have the first generation PS3 80G. Never had any problems until I installed the update, system was working fine.

Problems occuring: System will come on but will not go past the PS3 welcome screen. After a few restarts, the screen will say the system hasn't been turned off correctly and will do a scan for corrupted files. It does this every other time I turn the system on and it even erased all of my memory without doing a system restore.

Downloaded games from the playstation store will download but will not show up when you scroll over to games. It's the same thing with photos, friends list, etc.

Trophies will not display either.

Tried logging on to the web browser. System will crash and freeze and will not let you turn it off. I had to physically turn it off using the off switch in the back of the system. 

I talked to support earlier today and they're telling me there is no way the firmware caused this. It did and no one can tell me different. I don't use my system like that for it to mysteriously go bonkers, Ever since I did that update these problems are coming out like crazy!

Message 105 of 728 (584 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 18, 2012

After latest update, I seem to lose sound on each startup of my PS3.

Only holding power button down for ten seconds at shut down and start up, so it detects a new HDMI connection is what gets the sound on the system working again.  But the minute you turn the system off, there is no sound again on a standard startup of the machine.

Please help.

Message 106 of 728 (578 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I have a PS3 with 1TB HDD. I tried to download the latest update 4.25. I downloaded it on the system itself. It fully downloaded, got to 99% then an error message came up (800##########). I follow the on-screen instructions (turn it off, unplug the AC adapter, wait a few minutes or more, plug it back, turn it back on and it keeps doing this). It is a infinite loop. Gaah. I can't get out of it or get to the XMB. My system was just fine before this update. I contact PS customer support and they had me retry the above described process to no avail. He and I determined that it may just be in my best interest to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything. I don't think my hard drive is bad so unless PS comes up with a patch or fix I'll need to restart. I can't send it in to PS because the warranty has long expired and someone had to open it to put in the 1 TB HDD.
Message 107 of 728 (568 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I too am affected.
I have the ps3 160 gb system and conected via ethernet and hdmi. When I went to install upadte everything went fine then the screen went blank and had to force to shut off ps3. Then it came on with no picture and I had to wiggle the hdmi cable to get it to work and sound qaulity is terrible. Also it destroyed all of my sign in info and all of my data had to reinstall mlb.tv and nfl sunday ticket and on nfl sunday ticket the red zone channel streams terrible and when i shut off my ps3 and turned on again it again lost picture and had to wiggle hdmi cable. But worst of all is sound and hdmi wiggling. I don't like it! Now my streaming is awfull!

R.J.

Message 108 of 728 (559 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 18, 2012
The error code is 8002F310. If my hard drive is no good I but in another 1 TB or larger and backup all the info once reinstalled. From now on all updates will be done via USB flash drive etc. and game disc.
Message 109 of 728 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Nothing to report.

PS3 slim: CECH 3012B -> with HDD upgraded to Samsung 640GB (the original HDD is now RIP & was used in PC)

wired internet connection 1MBPS

I am still in 4.11 due to Batman Arkham City. I am NOT glad to hear BAD feedbacks about this new update. I will not update yet (because I have had my HDD changed & this update could likely screw it) but I also lose out on my PSN, it seems that I have a choice here: 1) Update and most likely get my PS3 screwed or 2) Don't update and you won't get PSN. hmm, every which way is a bad choice. And why can't i get into PSN when I'm not updated? I don't want to update...can't I just get into PSN instead?

Message 110 of 728 (542 Views)
0 Likes