First Son
3 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

Hello There..

I have a PS3 Slim 120GB, customized with a

/ Western Digital Scorpio Blue of 500GB.

I updated from 4.21 to 4.25, I live in costa rica and I updated thru Wireless Network.

Everything went well. Downloaded and then stuck for 1 hour at 99%... I had to reboot... rebooted and then stuck in a Loop.. which always gave me the 99% and doesn't go beyond..

How I have managed to fix it?

- installed the old 120 GB HDD in my laptop , using a USB sata adapter.

- Windows 7 formatted the HDD. Using NTFS partitions.

- After format (full) I place the HD again in the PS3.

- booted in safe mode, choose to reinstall and fix the storage. From there I was able to fix the file system.

- next the PS3 asked me to install the 4.25 via USB.. did it and it stuck for 15 minutes in 99%.

- from there I saw 100% and then the PS3 rebooted.

- the bravia screen appeared and now it was just like I purchased it.. all lost.. didn[t have a backup nor PSN plus.

Now how about the 500 gb hdd..

- Went back and did the same operation.. installed it directly.. as I thought it was a matter of just plug the new HDD.. new firmware and Play games should return...

- Wrong... reformated the HDD in the PC... NTFS.. (quick format this time)...

- PS3 went to recovery.. sit in 99% trying to format the little beast of 500 GB...

- next PS3 rebooted and now its been 15 minutes in 99% installing again the 4.25...

Odd behavior.. I'm going to update with results... plan to watch a TV series or something...

LED s for both USB Drive Kingston of 4GB.. not blinking, nor orange light in the PS3...

So far.. I hope this works...

Please Sony reps... before releasing to production a firmware update, its needed full testing.. how come only 1GB for PSN plus user and no interesting features added to the PS3?

What about the latin american customers who cant afford to send the PS3 to the US??

I've been a loyal customer since 1998.. the PS1, PS2 , SNES, Dreamcast, PSP, Game boy advance... all of them are working... my old 80 GB Motorstorm PS3 died 2 years ago... now this is my 2nd console... and if it[s not fixed... should I buy a third?

Please consider this feedback seriously.. I[ve placed the solution.. but how about my 500 GB HDD.. shall a new update be released to address this ASAP?

Contact me at alucard2040@gmail.com.. I want a solution and follow up on this case... please!!!!

UPDATE: 11:46 PM MST, the 500 GB HDD as soon as installed and do the troubleshooting.. is still looping... I'll be doing a full HDD format.. stuck in 99%... no HDD blinking light in the PS3...

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 728 (2,137 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
628 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Fat PS3, 80GB, default HD.
Wireless connection
Had 4.20

My connection is suddenly terrible. The PS store took forever, literally 14 hours to download the FIFA 13 demo when I downloaded the Madden demo in about 20 minutes before the update. Online play still works for me, but attempting to download anything takes forever.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 728 (2,129 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Do not download 4.25... for any user doing research... this thing is killing the Hard Disk communications Bus!.

Despite I managed to fix it using the 120 GB hdd.. I plugged the 500 HDD and is again with the same problem...

Switched to the good HDD which I fixed.. and same issue experienced now...

This is unbelievable... how in the earth... my PS3 is damaged.. and an amazing PS3 game collection... how in the earth... my God, so sad right now... I worked my **bleep** off for a PS3 and this stupid update killed it...

Ah.. and btw.. my lens is failing, not because of the update... because the 120 GB came with faulty lenses... some games are stuck.. except for the ones that ran on the HDD...

Jesus, folks..

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 728 (2,111 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 15, 2012

320 GB, phat, default HDD

Wireless internet connection

Updated to 4.25 from 4.21

Unable to download games. gets hung up at 99%. Doesn't complete. Doesn't show where game is supposedly downloaded to. Cant play game.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 728 (2,109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 15, 2012
All games working slower. Framerate slower.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 728 (2,074 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Sep 15, 2012
I have launch 60gb PS3 with the 19 blade fan. I put a 250gb seagate harddrive in there about a year after I got it. I went through all the updates and I'm currently on 4.25. I haven't noticed any problems. lol I only got disconnected from one room on GT5 online, but thats normal. Everything else runs smoothly for me. Originality FTW!
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 728 (2,063 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Well...I have a FAT 60G PS3...

Last month I replaced the stock fan with the Whisper 19 Blade...added new thermal grease.  The system started up and functioned normally.  This week, i updated the firmware to 4.25 and tested it out last night, playing COD MW3.  The game froze after an hour of playing.  I restarted the system and played Warhawk for about half an hour.  The system died giving me the YROD response...

Is it a coincidence that the system was working great before I updated to 4.25 on the firmware?

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 728 (2,054 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Please...DO NOT update your firmware just yet...

The 4.25 version may wreak havoc with your system...

If it aint broke, don't fix it.  I learned my lesson.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 728 (2,059 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

Joystick_Warrior --

I updated my CECHA01 (Phat, 60gb, Default HDD) PS3 last night. It was connected via a wired ethernet connection to my dorm's network.

After turning it on it told me there was a system update, so I proceeded to shut off my PS3 and was planning to restart it. After this happened my PS3 would not send any sort of video to my TV, or any other TV for that matter.

I tried both HDMI ports on my TV, using both of my HDMI cables. My TV is a Samsung E5003 or something like that. I have to have the source video input on before I can select it, e.g. if I want to have the TV use my PS3 which is connected to HDMI IN 1, HDMI IN 1 will not register as a valid port until the PS3 is on. In this case, I tried turning the PS3 on with 2 different HDMI cables in 2 different HDMI ports. Each time I was given the option to show those video inputs, but was receiving a "No Signal" error.

I then proceeded to use my PS3's AV Composite video cable. I again tried this, same result as the HDMI. I went so far as to try the PS3 on a completely different TV with the AV Composite cable, just to make sure. Still, nothing.

At this point, I've also tried doing the video reset (hold the power down to the 2nd beep) to no avail. I then proceeded to try doing the safe-mode option of holding the power button down until the 3rd beep, and then it turns off, and then hold it down until the double-beep which should turn it on in safe mode. Neither worked. No video out was registered on my screen. At this point, I had been using all three of my PS3 dualshock controllers to see if they would connect. I had them all connected via MiniUSB, but they would just constantly blink red, not connecting.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Looking through, it appears I have the same/similar problem sadams919, rentheduck, greghopper, irishslacker4949,  AlphaTrionRftA, and apparently EASEKEGENO

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 728 (2,052 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 15, 2012

CECHG01, phat 40GB

Wireless Connection

I'm not sure if I had the 4.20 or the 4.21.  I'm very good at keeping up with the updates so I would say I had 4.21 and upgraded to the 4.25.

I downloaded the new update on Thursday and on Friday evening I had only been playing for about an hour and the game I was playing just suddenly quit.  When it shut off it flashed GREEN YELLOW GREEN then a constant RED flash.  I can get the RED light to quit flashing but when I try to power the unit back on it flashes the GYGR code again and will not come on.  I cannot even eject the disc inside.

I hope this is helpful and the issues are resolved quickly and in a fair manner.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 728 (2,025 Views)
0 Likes