First Son
1 posts

Re: FEEDBACK REQUESTED 4/16 PlayStation Store Delays

Apr 17, 2013

As far as feedback goes, considering that Tuesday is the day on which the PSN updates, it might be a smarter move business-wise to schedule PSN maintainence so that there isn't a high liklihood of it interfering with the PSN updates. That is, it might be wise to schedule maintainence Wednesday—Saturday (and move around as needed) so that it won't interfere with things, since there should be a definite, concentrated effort to fulfill obligations about the release dates of games, demos, and etc. Since this was a scheduled maintainence, I see Monday as a poorly planned day to do so. Even though you obviously did not anticipate these errors, it's always best to expect the unexpected, and expect things to possibly take much longer than planned, and attempt to mnimize this effect in whatever way possible.

Message 31 of 149 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 17, 2013

An ETA and more frequent updates would be great. I play WoW, so I understand the need for maintainence and that things go wrong every know and then. A simple update/tweet/whatever every so often would do wonders.  Maintainence is fine, but being kept the dark about long delays isn't.

Message 32 of 149 (925 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Apr 17, 2013

well im sure by now everyone on the SCEA side of things has gone home. It would have been nice to get the update so I could atleast start my downloads, but in the end that was probably expecting too much. It really does amaze me how Sony seems to be the only one with contant issues getting the store updated every week, hell even Nintendo gets the stuff up in a timely fashion, and Nintendo is pretty clueless from an online perspective.

I dont know what all this maintenance you guys do is for, but its clearly not working very well. I really hope Sony can figure something out, because this kind of stuff does put a hamper on my excitment for the PS4 despite wanting to be there at launch.

Message 33 of 149 (917 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I am highly disappointed. Customers that buy games digitally are exactly the customers you want. They are buying directly from you and cannot sell them used. Why should someone wait well over 25 hrs from the time they can walk into a brick and mortar store and pick up a game to even begin the download? All Day one digital releases should go up at 12:01 am. I know it's possible. You've done it before. Don't get me wrong, the psn has improved tons since the ps3 launched. I love plus. It killed my Xbox. I would just like to see a more streamlined approach to getting digital content to the customers waiting to give you money.
Message 34 of 149 (869 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I've rarely used my ps3 since it can't play discs for some reason. I was hyped for injustice coming out digitally so I could play it without buying a disc. There was even a small tournament online I was going to participate in late tonight but I've missed it because I can't buy the game digitally which I was anticipating I would have been able to. I can't believe how slow you guys are with releasing digital games. I expected better. Hopefully my friends buy this sort of stuff on Xbox in the future so I can buy games on that platform instead.

Message 35 of 149 (835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Finding a good way to make it up to developers who had releases go up on PSN only today would be the best thing to do.

Message 36 of 149 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I am not against maintanance at all, but better timing and some transparency as far as to why I cannot download this week's new content would be much appreciated. These are the kind of things that I hope are long gone once we start making the move to next gen... PSN in general needs to step it up in a big way.

You could say that today's issue was something that no one could plan for, but a good planner like Batman is well organized and has a plan for any and all contigencies. Also, I think we take these kind of things too lightly... and apology and that's it? This isn't the first time and I don't think it will be the last of constant inconvinient maintainance and delays. These sorts of things are not OK, they have become synonmous with PSN/PS3 and it shouldn't be.. we should be expecting better.

Message 37 of 149 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Apr 17, 2013

i cant wait to the day when sony will stop acting like a bunch of f'n amateur and incompetent.

Message 38 of 149 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Just a suggestion, Thursday would be a better maintenance day to avoid the big Tuesday rush for new games and discounts.

Message 39 of 149 (587 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2013

There is no nice way to say this other  than Its the bogus bs like this that makes me regret selling my xbox to have my ps3 fixed, **bleep** was Sony thinking doing maintenance on a Monday and Tuesday (esp.. When they've got to be big sale days with last minute sales on Monday and Tuesday new releases)?  Thank you Sony for being so ontop of it and making us feel informed with your lack of updates on the situation!

Message 40 of 149 (539 Views)