Wastelander
637 posts

Re: FEEDBACK REQUESTED 4/16 PlayStation Store Delays

Apr 17, 2013

tylerh1701 wrote:

I'm a real big fan of PlayStation and think you guys do a lot of things right.  But compared to the competition, you guys are the worst (by a wide margin) in providing consistent weekly updates at a reliable time.  It's getting harder and harder to defend.  I really hope you guys are able to shore up this problem for the next generation, if not sooner.

Also, the official @PlayStation twitter announced that the update was delayed at 8:39 PT/11:39 ET, but didn't provide any further details.  By that time, everyone waiting for the update already knew that it had been delayed, it was obvious by the fact that the update wasn't up.  The "PlayStation Store Update is delayed" tweet should have gone out 4-6 hours earlier than it did.

I try not to be a complainer, but this is the 2nd time in 2 or 3 weeks that you've had major delays, the other being the PS+ update at the beginning of the month not being posted until several hours later than usual.  Holding to a consistent, reliable schedule is something all PlayStation fans would appreciate.

Agreed man. 100% agreed.

Whatever happened to the PS+ update? I know for a fact I remember the PSP game of Soul Calibur would be free to Vita people in the month of April, yet HALFWAY through the month and nothing has been done about it. I thought it was the April collection???

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 21 of 149 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 17, 2013

How about the CEO get a new fresh group of employees that are willing to get on the ball with selling the SONY Playstation brand. If you add up all the times the PSN store updates come out late in the last 2 years, Im sure it would reflect a large loss in revenue.

I can not understand how anyone at sony can be proud to fail so many times. Not only does this reflect on the PSN store, but the future of the playstation brand itself. If you people can't even get the weekly store updates out on time then why should we as consumers believe the PS4 support will be available in a timely manner? YOUR LOSSING MONEY SONY! WAKE UP!

Message 22 of 149 (633 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Apr 17, 2013

pina, the PS+ update format as of now is that Morgan posts at the beginning of the month what will be offered throughout the entire month. Soul Calibur has not been released for free yet, but there is still April 23 and 30 for it to appear in the update.

Message 23 of 149 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Apr 17, 2013
They should give us an extra free game for ps+ because of this

P-O-O-P
Message 24 of 149 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Apr 17, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

tylerh1701 wrote:

I'm a real big fan of PlayStation and think you guys do a lot of things right.  But compared to the competition, you guys are the worst (by a wide margin) in providing consistent weekly updates at a reliable time.  It's getting harder and harder to defend.  I really hope you guys are able to shore up this problem for the next generation, if not sooner.

Also, the official @PlayStation twitter announced that the update was delayed at 8:39 PT/11:39 ET, but didn't provide any further details.  By that time, everyone waiting for the update already knew that it had been delayed, it was obvious by the fact that the update wasn't up.  The "PlayStation Store Update is delayed" tweet should have gone out 4-6 hours earlier than it did.

I try not to be a complainer, but this is the 2nd time in 2 or 3 weeks that you've had major delays, the other being the PS+ update at the beginning of the month not being posted until several hours later than usual.  Holding to a consistent, reliable schedule is something all PlayStation fans would appreciate.

Agreed man. 100% agreed.

Whatever happened to the PS+ update? I know for a fact I remember the PSP game of Soul Calibur would be free to Vita people in the month of April, yet HALFWAY through the month and nothing has been done about it. I thought it was the April collection???

Here's the link for anyone that didn't see this. This was posted APRIL 1st!!! How embarassing. Scroll down and you will see Soul Cailbur: Broken Destiny

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/01/playstation-plus-april-update-demons-souls-free-for-member...

Photobucket
Message 25 of 149 (587 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Sony expect us to believe that the PS4 will have "instant demos" and stream PS3/PS2 and PS games at some point but they can't get consistent updates every week.

Just like others have mentioned the lack of communication is still a problem, during the PSN outage Sony took a week before informing consumers that their personal data was at risk.
Thanks for providing a space for feedback.
Message 26 of 149 (581 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Apr 17, 2013

blkhatpersian wrote:

pina, the PS+ update format as of now is that Morgan posts at the beginning of the month what will be offered throughout the entire month. Soul Calibur has not been released for free yet, but there is still April 23 and 30 for it to appear in the update.

Don't you find it odd though how Demon Soul's is out for PS+ members, but Soul Calibur isn't?

Photobucket
Message 27 of 149 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah, in good faith I purchased a PSN card to add to the funds I already have on PSN in anticipation for the Day 1 digital release of Injustice: Gods Among Us. I should've saved my money. This is the fourth or fifth time I've been burned on Day 1 digital delays. There won't be another. Instead, I'll simply buy the game for another system, spend the remaining funds that I have on PSN, and take a break from buying on here until the constant delays are not as frequent. Very disappointed today. VERY!
Message 28 of 149 (576 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Sony really needs to get their act together when it comes to online.  I bought the 360 at launch and purchased the ps3 6 months ago but the ps3 was able to win me over due to their great savings offered and the first party titles.  But the thing that annoys me about Sony is the weird mainatence days they have and the store updating in the middle of the day every tuesday. Can't you just have the store update at around 7-8 am pacific so when people get home and want to download a day 1 release, ps plus game, or an add on its ready for download. 

One more thing I saw the message that came from Sony's twitter account, but since we are all on psn couldn't Sony just have sent a message via psn informing everyone about the delay since I and most user do not actively check Sony's twitter account.  Furthermore, how about a messaging service that sends us a message when the store is update.  Maybe have it be an opt in service so people who are not concerned don't get the message but those who want a new add on and are playing a game to pass time til the store updates can immediately know when it updates. Could be as simple as saying the ps store has been updated at  3:00 pst.  New content for the week includes (mention a few highlights that way you can advertise some content). Think this might be something to look into

Message 29 of 149 (548 Views)
Splicer
93 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

blkhatpersian wrote:

Don't you find it odd though how Demon Soul's is out for PS+ members, but Soul Calibur isn't?

They just switched to announcing the whole months lineup in March, like EU does. Apparently this is too hard for people to figure out. There are 1-2 games per week, throughout the month. typically the Vita/PSP titles are later in the month than the PSN/PS3 retail titles. They do not announce the exact dates that certain games go free until the day before. 

So, no, it isn't odd that Demon's Souls, a PS3 retail title, is available sooner in the month than SC:BD, a PSP title. IT'S EXPECTED.

Message 30 of 149 (544 Views)
0 Likes