Jan 02 2014
By: Muadib256 First Son 1 posts

Expired Promotion Credit

2 replies 266 views Edited Jan 2, 2014

This is more of a rant. I participated in the $10 for $50 promotion back in October 2013. I spent the required amount of money and I did get the credit in the form of a PSN/SEN code. I thought the credit would automaticlly be added to my account...this is not the case. I just logged into my account and saw a message to redeem my credit by Dec. 8th. Well I thought it was automatic; since that was the purpose of the promotion.

I called Playstation support up and they VERIFIED I DID NOT redeem the code, BUT they CANNOT re-issue another code because it has expired. Okay that seems reasonable; if you are Sony. If I met the terms of the promotion, than why not in good faith re-issue another code for good customer service. Yes, I agree I failed to redeem the code in time, but I was not aware that I would have to in a certsain time.

My point is, if you honestly want your customers to benefit from a promotion, why not automatically add the credit instead of REQUIRING your customer who has met the required promotional criteria to manually add the funds? The only reason for requiring a manual process is to gain the purchases from your custiomers, and also allow the posibility for the customer to NOT receive the promotion benfits. Basically you create a loophole where you (Sony) benefits from the promotion, and the customer does not.

Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Expired Promotion Credit

Jan 3, 2014

I also had similar problem but my messages with the credit were being sent to my ps3 account and not my ps4 so never knew I even had the credits until today which thecodes expired a month ago some **bleep**.

Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41732 posts

Re: Expired Promotion Credit

Jan 3, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

There's no 'loophole' at all, It clearly stated that the credit would be sent in the form of a PSN message, it also said when the codes would expire, unfortunately you missed or did not read these details & lost out on your $10.00, as annoying as that is you only have yourself to blame, & they were right to tell you that no replacement codes can be issued.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)