Jan 08 2014
By: Mike_84Q First Son 2 posts

Error in PSN Account Creation: Never Asked to Create a Security Question

[ Edited ]
2 replies 206 views Edited Jan 8, 2014

I created a PSN account recently, however when I clicked the "I agree.  Create My Account." button, I arrived at an error screen that said the network was down in English and Japanese.  When I backed out of the screen, I was brought to the home Sony Entertainment Network screen for a newly created account without any information.  I input the account information (name, address, online ID, etc.)  However, I was never asked to create a security question.  To my knowledge, there is no way to set that up after the account is created.  When I called Sony Support, they said they couldn't input a security question once the account was created.  Does anyone know of a way to prompt the creation of a Security Question or if there is a better support number to call?  If not, what potential problems could I have if I keep this account without a security question?

I already logged into the account on my PS3 and it says the account is ready to access Playstation Network.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Error in PSN Account Creation: Never Asked to Create a Security Question

Jan 10, 2014

Bump.

Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Error in PSN Account Creation: Never Asked to Create a Security Question

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

I would not worry about it.

Keep your log in and password info private and you wont have any problems.

I dont recall a security question but you can log into your account and make a PIN.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)
0 Likes