Highlighted
Aug 01 2012
By: AshtarRocks First Son 5 posts

Error during transaction, money taken but no funds added.

6 replies 223 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

I was just trying to purchase the SFxTK add-ons on PSN with my cc. During the process I received a server timed out error. I tried again and it did the same exact thing. I thought that was odd so I pulled up my bank account to make sure all was well. To my surprise I see both transactions listed and the money being taken from my account. I immediately reboot my PS3 and go back to the PSN to check my funds...nada. I know I am supposed to receive an email with purchase details but I haven't yet. All I have are these empty funded transactions. Has this happened to anyone else before? and what can be done?

Message 1 of 7 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Error during transaction, money taken but no funds added.

Aug 1, 2012

I'm having the same problem keep getting an Error 80023102. I called my bank to make sure I had the funds  and they comfirmed that the request went threw but it was for $0.00. 

Message 2 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012
I have had the same issue for a month now (80023102 PSN can't add funds) I live in S. Korea, but my bank account address, etc. is in the US (since I'm a citizen) I've checked with my bank to ensure that my account hasn't been blocked internationally, and I certainly have sufficient funds. I have never had this problem in the almost 4 years I've had myPS3. What's worse is that I've been told to purchase PSN cards to bypass PSN's inability to add funds to my wallet, but there are no places to buy them in the city in Korea I live in. It's like Sony doesn't want my money!
Message 3 of 7 (210 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Slimreturns wrote:
I have had the same issue for a month now (80023102 PSN can't add funds) I live in S. Korea, but my bank account address, etc. is in the US (since I'm a citizen) I've checked with my bank to ensure that my account hasn't been blocked internationally, and I certainly have sufficient funds. I have never had this problem in the almost 4 years I've had myPS3. What's worse is that I've been told to purchase PSN cards to bypass PSN's inability to add funds to my wallet, but there are no places to buy them in the city in Korea I live in. It's like Sony doesn't want my money!

This is the reason you're having a problem.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 7 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012
Really? Because it hasn't been a problem for the last 3 1/2 years. Just the last month...... My PS3 is American and so is all of my PSN info. And I DO still reside at my American address. UPDATE: I just found this. http://www.redorbit.com/news/sci-fi-gaming/1112643609/sony-shutting-down-playstation-network-store-i... Thanks for the heads up Sony.... oh wait.... the support rep didn't mention that.....
Message 5 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Slimreturns wrote:
Really? Because it hasn't been a problem for the last 3 1/2 years. Just the last month...... My PS3 is American and so is all of my PSN info. And I DO still reside at my American address. UPDATE: I just found this. http://www.redorbit.com/news/sci-fi-gaming/1112643609/sony-shutting-down-playstation-network-store-i... Thanks for the heads up Sony.... oh wait.... the support rep didn't mention that.....

Looks like I was wrong, apologies for that, good find, btw!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012
No probs. sucks though. I guarantee that Sony won't offer any consolitory packages like they did after the hack. UPDATE 2: I just gor finished playing both NBA Jam and ModNation Racers online, so either that article is inorrect or I am on the US PSN. Either way, still doesn't expain the sudden inability to add funds. UGH!! God I hate you sometimes Sony.
Message 7 of 7 (185 Views)
0 Likes