Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation Community Manager
243 posts

Re: Error Code with Big Sky Infinity

Dec 18, 2012

GA_G8R wrote:

I bought Big Sky Infinity almost as soon as it went live on the Store and downloaded all versions.  I went to transfer my Vita version from my PS3 and when it almost completed, it keeps saying "The content could not be copied" and gives me error code C2-12383-7.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I saw some problems from Super Stardust Delta when the Vita launched but no luck with anything recent. :/

We are aware that this was an issue for people, and have fixed it for any new customers. Unfortunately, we don't currently have a fix yet for people already affected, but our teams are working on a course of action. I'll try and keep you guys updated as best as I can, I know this is a frustrating situation. 

Message 11 of 64 (413 Views)
243 posts

Dec 18, 2012

RXMaverick wrote:

You got a better answer than me.  Sony told me it's not a cross-buy game.  I showed them that the blog post and the store say it's cross-buy, they said it was a misprint.  I said people have getten both by buying just one and they said that is an issue but they haven't looked into it.  I was also told I shouldn't complain since I got Super Street Fighter 4 and Rochard, the total order was $9.99 for three games, I shouldn't expect a Vita game too.

They are refunding the order since it was a little misleading so I can use the $9.99 to buy the Vita version.

I hope I get a 'Did we do a good job' survey.  (Spoiler, I'm going to say no)

Mind telling me who you talked to? That's not correct information. The game is cross-buy. 

Message 12 of 64 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 18, 2012

What is complicated about fixing it? (Real question) 

Why isn't it as simple as unlocking the Vita version in the store for everyone who bought the PS3 version?  

Why not give a 10 dollar credit that is only good for the Vita version? 

Why not refund the money for the game so that we can rebuy it since it works for new customers?

It's been a week now, I only bought the game because of cross buy, otherwise I would have simply waited for it to be on PS+

Message 13 of 64 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 19, 2012

i asked for a refund, then i will repurchase the game asap, thats pretty much the quickest way to resolve the problem.

i advice you to do the same.

Message 14 of 64 (371 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Did that yesterday, still no response

Message 15 of 64 (346 Views)
0 Likes
243 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Gobbluth19 wrote:

What is complicated about fixing it? (Real question) 

Why isn't it as simple as unlocking the Vita version in the store for everyone who bought the PS3 version?  

Why not give a 10 dollar credit that is only good for the Vita version? 

Why not refund the money for the game so that we can rebuy it since it works for new customers?

It's been a week now, I only bought the game because of cross buy, otherwise I would have simply waited for it to be on PS+

I'm not sure about most of your questions as I'm not an engineer and I don't know how the store backend is set up. Our CS team is working on a solution -- sometimes they give out vouchers, sometimes they refund people & have them repurchase. We don't have a specific plan yet. I'm pestering CS as much as I can though! 

Message 16 of 64 (340 Views)
243 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Hey folks!  Vouchers for affected users should be going out late in the evening on 12/21 via XMB message. Thanks very much for your patience! 

Message 17 of 64 (312 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Dec 22, 2012
no voucher here yet
Message 18 of 64 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Glad to hear a fix is in motion.  Still waiting for my voucher as well.  Enjoying it on the PS3, but wish I could play it in bed on the Vita.

Message 19 of 64 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 23, 2012

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey folks!  Vouchers for affected users should be going out late in the evening on 12/21 via XMB message. Thanks very much for your patience! 

Just curious how you're going about determining the "affected users" to send the vouchers to.

I purchased Big Sky Infinity day one and experienced this glitch first hand (i.e. it installed to the PS3 just fine, but threw an error when trying to install to the VIta, either when downloading it on the vita from the PS Store download list, or when transferring the Vita installer over from the PS3).

Now, as of a few days ago, the PS3 store doesn't even acknowledge that I purchased BSI (however, it is still in my downloads list). I can only assume that this is due to the "fix" on the store. Can I be assured that my voucher is still on the way?

Message 20 of 64 (253 Views)
0 Likes