Dec 12 2012
By: GA_G8R Splicer 71 posts

Error Code with Big Sky Infinity

[ Edited ]
63 replies 1244 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

I bought Big Sky Infinity almost as soon as it went live on the Store and downloaded all versions.  I went to transfer my Vita version from my PS3 and when it almost completed, it keeps saying "The content could not be copied" and gives me error code C2-12383-7.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I saw some problems from Super Stardust Delta when the Vita launched but no luck with anything recent. :/

**CM EDIT** Vouchers for affected users should be going out late in the evening on 12/21 via XMB message. Thanks very much for your patience! -- Kristine

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 64 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: Error Code with Big Sky Infinity

Dec 12, 2012
I'm having the same issue. I tried copying it from the PS3 to the Vita...error. Tried downloading directly to the Vita from the downloads option in the Vita store and once it completes the download the same error and can't be installed.

PS3 version has no issues it seems
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 64 (1,226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Yup, same problem here.  Tried the PS3 transfer, tried direct download from the download list...no dice.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 64 (1,206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 12, 2012

same here

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 64 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 13, 2012

my ps3 version is fine, but if i try to copy the Vita version of Big Sky Infinity from the ps3 to the vita it doesnt work and its giving me a C2-12383-7 error.

i also tried to download the vita version from the Download List directly on my ps vita but without success.

i also noticed that i cant download it from the Vita ps store since its like if i didnt purchased the game and asking me to buy it again.

looking foward to some explanations to resolve the obvious problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 64 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Sent Sony support emails Tuesday, gotten replies back saying they're working on it but come on... two days later, this is ridiculous.  All they have to do is grant our accounts access to the Vita vesion in the store and it should work...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 64 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 14, 2012

You got a better answer than me.  Sony told me it's not a cross-buy game.  I showed them that the blog post and the store say it's cross-buy, they said it was a misprint.  I said people have getten both by buying just one and they said that is an issue but they haven't looked into it.  I was also told I shouldn't complain since I got Super Street Fighter 4 and Rochard, the total order was $9.99 for three games, I shouldn't expect a Vita game too.

They are refunding the order since it was a little misleading so I can use the $9.99 to buy the Vita version.

I hope I get a 'Did we do a good job' survey.  (Spoiler, I'm going to say no)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 64 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Same issue.  I actually prefer the new PlayStation storefront.  It is awesome to be able to be able to sort any way you prefer.  I especially like being able to sort by release date.  My only issue is the slow loading times and the fact that I can'download this game on my Vita.  I bought this on release day and it still doesn't install either by copying from my PS3 or by downloading directly onto the Vita.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 64 (1,025 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

@RXMaverick "Sony told me it's not a cross-buy game."

uh WHAT,i dont know where you took your infos or who you spoken to, but here's the answer i got.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support, my name is Casey, and I will be assisting you today with not being able to download the Playstation®Vita edition of Big Sky Infinity. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused, I understand how frustrating this can be

We are aware of an issue with the Vita edition of the game and are working towards a resolution. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any type of time frame for a fix. However, we are looking into the current issue and hope to have a resolution shortly. Please keep an eye on the PlayStation® Blog for more information on this issue."

so yeah, the game IS IN FACT a cross buy game, no doubt about that, its well written on the blog:

"My name’s James Whitehead, I’m the boss at Boss Baddie and I’m here to talk about our twin-stick shooter Big Sky Infinity, coming to PS3 and PS Vita with today’s PSN update. Buy it on one system for $9.99, and unlock the other version at no additional cost! Big Sky Infinity is a lightning-fast, randomly-generated game that adapt" 

and its also mentioned that IT IS a crossbuy game on the ps store, so dont say inaccurate informations to others.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 64 (1,020 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 16, 2012

@ MmaFanQc

I know it's a cross-buy game, you know it's a cross-buy game, heck I think my Mom knows it's a cross-buy game.  My point is if Sony doesn't know it's a cross-buy game there is an issue.  I'm not spreading rumors if it's what Sony tells me after a 35 min. call.

I posted this here hoping someone from Sony would read it and respond.  In my life I have called Sony 4 times for customer support, so far I have had one half correct answer.  I don't know where else to go with issues if phone support doesn't help, so I posted here.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 64 (1,002 Views)
0 Likes