Nov 11 2013
By: JBL921 First Son 1 posts

Error Code 8002400C

3 replies 1900 views Edited Nov 11, 2013

Does anyone know how to fix error code 8002400C? I am trying to log into the PSN store to buy a game and I can't log in and keeps giving me this error code? Any help would be great thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (1,900 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Error Code 8002400C

Nov 11, 2013

JBL921 wrote:

Does anyone know how to fix error code 8002400C? I am trying to log into the PSN store to buy a game and I can't log in and keeps giving me this error code? Any help would be great thanks.

Nope. That code isn't in the Knowledge Center. Most store problems can be cured by deleting the Store and reinstalling it. Press triangle on the store to bring up the option to delete. Also make sure your data and time are set correctly.

You can also try browsing the Web store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main

Message 2 of 4 (1,874 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

Nov 11, 2013

JBL921 wrote:

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

Have you troubleshoot your network?

Wireless

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280/kw/troubleshoot network

Wired

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/285/kw/troubleshoot network

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 4 (1,872 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2015

I hate to resurrect a long-dead topic, but this issue has appeared for me and there seems to be NO Solution

Back-story: In my excitement roughly a month ago I purchased the wrong region version of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, spesifically the PAL BLES version instead of the NTSC-U BLUS version, off of Amazon thinking nothing of it I continued playing with the out-of-region version thinking nothing of it until I started getting errors along the lines of "Something went wrong, we don't know what, but you cannot sign in to play with FOBs" "Fair enough" I retorted, thinking nothing of it since I hadn't had any issues playing without a FOB until this point and didn't particularly need one since I could meet my own requirements without it, just a little bit of extra work to keep going. Now MGO is out, I can download the Add-On required but it does me no good because my PS Store is USA, and they don't see each-other (something to do with region-spesific versions of DLC?). So, on a friend's reccomendation I created a PSN Account for the UK (Not using it to post this, but I THINK i can switch and confirm it's mine if need be) using his Address and my japanese GMail address.

Problem now is, whenever I go to the PlayStation Store from that account I get a error in japanese with a code: 8002400C

Google searches reveal nothing, ditto for the usual Out-Of-Region-enthusiast websites and THIS is the ONLY topic on the Playstation Forums mentioning it. I can't afford to shell out $60 for ANOTHER copy for the USA so is there any solution that DOESN'T involve hacking my console in some fasion?

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)
0 Likes