Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 28 2013
By: techkraus First Son 1 posts

Error 80029564

2 replies 802 views Edited Jun 28, 2013

I've done troubleshooting for hours today trying to download a game from the PSN Store.

What I've done:

Tested internet connection - OK

Safe mode - Restore File System - Didn't work

Safe mode - Rebuild Database - Didn't work

Download in background - Didn't work

Download while in store - Didn't work

So, after doing everything the PS Knowledge Center has provided the game still continues to fail after getting to 14% installation and that the file become corrupt after attempted installation.

Thanks, TechKraus

Message 1 of 3 (802 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Error 80029564

Jun 28, 2013

IF you're using Wifi why not try connecting through a wired connection to your modem. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me. This problem has been around for ages with no real fix. I'd just ask for a refund.

Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Error 80029564

Jul 14, 2013
Wow. I am new to the PS3. I was a loyal 360 person until the whole E3 debacle. But I am wholly unimpressed with this so far. So the PSN is free? The PS+ is not. Oh, but I get a bunch of free games which will not download correctly. Odd that I was able to download Borderlands 2 for the XBox with zero error and was set to go as soon as it completed installing. Same with PC games. Marvel Heroes, Bioshock Infinite...both downloaded fine and are playable. It is weak to point to the ISP or my router when looking at the evidence, there is an issue with either the PSN or the PS3.
Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)
0 Likes