Jul 31 2012
By: ValZho First Son 2 posts

Erronious "You are too young to log in." Message

3 replies 147 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

I was directed by phone support to "message a moderator" on the forums here. I still don't see any good way to do that specifically, so I will just post a message here and cross my fingers.

Several months ago I was out of town visiting family for a wedding all of whom have PS3s. We did not yet have a PS3, but I knew that sooner or later we would be getting one, so I went ahead and created my PSN account there. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when we (finally) were able to get our own PS3. I set it all up, and logged in with me pre-existing PSN account just fine with one exception: @Home tells me that I am too young to log in. From various other places, I gather that somehow my account is marked as a sub-account—likely because I created it while logged in on another account (not that I knew any of these limitations at the time); I know it's not my age (I'm 36).

Is it possible that my account can be fixed so that I can log in?

I suspect that the answer is going to be what I seem to be seeing all over: "create a new account." If that is the case then, I have to be honest, that really pisses me off (as much as trivial entertainment can, at least). I have already earned trophies, connected with friends and family, and have managed to get the exact user name that I wanted (which matches my Xbox account and other account logins). I really really do not want to give up the user name—so much so that I would definitely forego @Home or any other services if using them means giving up my account name.

I hope, though, that this can be fixed easily.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 4 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4418 posts

Re: Erronious "You are too young to log in." Message

Jul 31, 2012
Hey ValZho. I have a few questions for you. When you bought your new PS3, the account you logged into first was your current account which is a sub-account? If that's true you should try changing your parental settings for your PS3 to the maximum setting so you can access all of the content on your PS3. In addition be sure your date of birth settings are correct. Seeing as you are 36 years young if you had put in your birthdate Home should be letting you in.

Let me know if either of these help.

J_W
Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I will try adjusting the parental settings when I get home... I did turn them all on for the kiddos—which is a whole other topic regarding obscure settings. Maybe if I crank them up I will be able to log in? If that works, will I have to keep the settings turned off, or will I be able to turn them back on? I guess I'll find out tonight!

Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
4418 posts

Jul 31, 2012
You can turn the settings on and off at will Smiley Happy In addition, you can also create another account for your children. That way you can restrict access to certain content from that account while still being able to access everything from your own. As an FYI the higher the number on the parental settings, the more freedom you have. So a 9 will give you access to pretty much everything.
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)