Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2013
By: HeadPin254 First Son 4 posts

Entering credit card info

3 replies 134 views Edited May 20, 2013

In the past I've only ever used prepaid cards to buy stuff in the PSN store, but today I wanted to just add funds to my wallet. But no matter what I do, my credit card number is said to be invalid. I've typed it like 111122223333444 first and that didn't work, then I tried 1111 222 3333 4444 and that didn't work, and finally I tried 1111-2222-3333-4444 and that didn't work either. Every time I've entered my credit card info online one of those three ways have worked. What am I doing wrong? The number itself is definitely right.

Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4228 posts

Re: Entering credit card info

May 21, 2013

HeadPin254 wrote:

In the past I've only ever used prepaid cards to buy stuff in the PSN store, but today I wanted to just add funds to my wallet. But no matter what I do, my credit card number is said to be invalid. I've typed it like 111122223333444 first and that didn't work, then I tried 1111 222 3333 4444 and that didn't work, and finally I tried 1111-2222-3333-4444 and that didn't work either. Every time I've entered my credit card info online one of those three ways have worked. What am I doing wrong? The number itself is definitely right.

It can be picky and frustrating.

It isn't the number you are entering wrong, it is more than likely the billing address.

Try changing it up, like instead of "St" spell out "Street" or vice versa.

Instead of just "St" try "St."

If you continue to have problems entering it on your PS3, try doing it through the SEN website.

link

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 4 (127 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Well the error that comes up when I enter specifically says "please enter a valid credit card number".

But I'll try that other link. Thanks.

Edit: Link essentially ends up taking me to the same page. Still won't work.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I just realized I didn't make it clear in the first post that I was doing it on the computer in the first place.

Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4228 posts

May 21, 2013

HeadPin254 wrote:

Well the error that comes up when I enter specifically says "please enter a valid credit card number".

But I'll try that other link. Thanks.

Edit: Link essentially ends up taking me to the same page. Still won't work.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I just realized I didn't make it clear in the first post that I was doing it on the computer in the first place.

The only other things I could think of is that you are trying to use a foreign card to the PSN store you are trying to make a purchase on. Though, I'm not sure that would matter. (thinking on the lines of it having an international purchase blocker.)

I would contact your bank / credit card provider and see if this is an issue on their side. If not, then contact Sony's customer support here. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes