Jun 08 2013
By: GURSIMRAN Splicer 84 posts

EXCLUSIVE 30 day free Trial - PS PLUS code not working:(

3 replies 5236 views Edited Jun 8, 2013
Today i got e-mail from Playstation , they provided me with code for 30 day free trial for ps plus but when I try to redeem the code .. it says "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.
Please check your entries." **bleep** is this , if u don't want to give 30 day free trial then just don't give , why spoofing around .. I'm. redeeming the code on the same an account for which I received the e-mail . Any solution ??
Message 1 of 4 (5,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: EXCLUSIVE 30 day free Trial - PS PLUS code not working:(

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

This has also happened to me. Got the email about 7 hours ago (According to my gmail), I went to put in the code, I get the same error. I've triple checked the code is correct and still not working.

Also note that I've never had a ps+ membership before, so thats not the issue here.

EDIT: Also note that I've tried inputting it on the playstation store on my ps3 and also in the browser version of ps store on my computer.

Message 2 of 4 (5,233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I haven't heard that PSN is just sending free trial Plus codes to random PSN members, but stranger things have happened. It doesn't matter that you have not subscribed to Playstation Plus before.  You are not limited to one free 30-day trial offer. If the offer is not legitimate, then chances are that all of the e-mails contained the same code, in which case it would only work for the first person that redeemed it. PSN messages on the PS3 or Vita that are from official Sony accounts are reliable, but you never know who Internet mail is really from. PSN codes are also region specific, so if you were send an e-mail offer from a different region, then it would not work with your account.

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (5,208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Huh, strange. It was from the normal newsletter email address PlayStation@eu.playstationmail.net

Oh well. I wasn't too invested in having the trial, I was mainly cashing in out of curiousity. Might be worth someone looking into at some point if these things are going around.

Message 4 of 4 (5,199 Views)
0 Likes