May 23 2014
By: Hustlemon First Son 1 posts

E-8200171 invalid credit card error

5 replies 1882 views Edited May 23, 2014

Ever since I pre-ordered Destiny two days ago on my PS4 through PlayStation Store I haven't been able to make a single purschase. I get the same error message every time I try to buy something, and if I try to add funds it tells me my card is invalid.

I did change the card info (which was exactly the same btw) but the error has not gone away. I bought stuff on Amazon 5 minutes ago without a problem. I've seen other people have the same problem but no resolution..

I was hoping to be able to pre-order Watch Dogs, and buy Wolfenstein: New Order but I guess that's not happening..

I'm very dissapointed right now. Help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (1,882 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: E-8200171 invalid credit card error

May 24, 2014

I have been getting the same error for a long while already, i dont change the info if the information on it is correct so the issue is obviously with sony, sony customer support only suggests you to use other payment methods but if they didnt have this problem before why do they have it now. I cant renew my PS Plus Subcrition or do anything on the psn store with my debit card my only solution is to wait it out until they properly address this issue. It is frustrating. I have tried every method anyone can come up with in attempt so fix this issue myself but nothing can be done until sony fixes the cause of this problem

Message 2 of 6 (1,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2014
Im having the same issue..I bought a game a day ago..and now it says invalid card.deleted my card and put it back in the account and everything.and since i use my card for everything i know that the cards good..REALLY frustrated with this..
Message 3 of 6 (1,675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2014

I have the same problem. But I'm new user. I've moved from Xbox to PS4 and only thing I'm doing with my new PS4 is trying to solve this CC problem out. It's pretty frustrating. New console and no playing because of this :-(

Message 4 of 6 (1,442 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2015

Guys WHAT that? i cant pay for the any game,or playstation plus WHY ???? every time the same problem with credit card, i go to the bank?they said that everything is ok with credit card ,said that this is your issue!

Message 5 of 6 (844 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12537 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2015

Deatholution94 wrote:

Guys WHAT that? i cant pay for the any game,or playstation plus WHY ???? every time the same problem with credit card, i go to the bank?they said that everything is ok with credit card ,said that this is your issue!

@Deatholution94 Back when I came from Xbox 360 to PS4 I had this issue with my card. I'm not sure if i had that error code I just remember signing up and tryng to enter in my credit car and nothing I did worked. I called Sony for help and they asked me if my bank deals with AVS and I had no idea. After that I called my bank and turns out they didn't deal with AVS banking {Address Verification System}.

It turns out my bank at the time was a small local bank and they didn't deal with AVS and told me to go to a larger bank. I did this and it has worked for me no problem open up a new account at a bank that deals with AVS may be your issue it was for me.

Message 6 of 6 (842 Views)
0 Likes