Jun 05 2012
By: xAkantor- First Son 30 posts

Downloads stop at 14%

30 replies 882 views Edited Jun 5, 2012

I have called SONY multiple times, about 5-6 times, they have all told me the same way to fix the problem. They have not worked since, people have had this problem since 2010, ITS NOT JUST ME. My playstation3 system will not install any downloaded items, it will download just fine, but when it hits 14% it gives me the error 80029564. Each time i have called sony thye tell me to go into recovery menu and delete corrupted files, IT NEVER WORKS.

Does anyone have a New way of how to fix this? Its getting rediculous.

This is not just with 1 item, its with EVERYTHING! Even game updates, they crap out too.

PC Warrior until SONY fixes stupid system glitches.
Message 1 of 31 (882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Downloads stop at 14%

Jun 7, 2012

I am having a similar issue.  I have managed to download some stuff successfully recently, but it is really hit or miss.  For instance Little Big PLanet 2 kept saying it was corrupted each time I downloaded it, then last night the download went fine.  Next Virtua Fighter 5 kept coming back corrupted, but this morning I managed to finally get it.  Now I am trying Just Cause 2 and it keeps failing on install.

In my opinion, this is probably a Sony issue.  Releasing all of those games for free to PS+ subscribers on Tuesday has most likely overwhelmed the servers a bit.  If it is really bothering you, I would say wait until next Monday and then try again.  By that time, most people will have picked up the free stuff they want and the server load should be back to a reasonable level. 

Or you could just keep trying.  I imagine eventually you should be able to successfully retrieve and download you game. 

Message 2 of 31 (882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 4, 2012

That didnt help, the one thing i found that fixed this problem completly was the PSN Download Manager made by some non profit coders. But sony **bleep**ed that up with the latest update "4.20" now it doesnt work. And to top that off, they site was suspended. Why is this application not supported? since sony cant fix this stupid system bug, why not support a program that can get around it? Whenever i try to download something it messes up, but when i used the download manager, it went smooth and faster than the ps3 can download. I think this should be a computer side download for ps3 supported by sony computer enternainment. Seriously give these guys a job, they worked hard on this.

Message 3 of 31 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jul 7, 2012

If your downloads are failing on the installation at 14% its likely that the file became corrupted during the download.  This would be why the sony customer service is telling you to delete the corrupted data.  If you are using a wireless connection try connecting directly to the modem with an ethernet cable,. If your issue is related to the correct ports for PSN not being open this will help bypass that issue. If you are able to then download and install the file you will know it is due to not having the correct ports open. The list of ports that PSN uses is located here http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=241.

Message 4 of 31 (836 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
30 posts

Jul 7, 2012

lol I have done everything ps customer support has told me to do, includin port forward.

Message 5 of 31 (834 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Does your router need an update? Try downloading Through a Different ISP. Say from a Friend or Relatives house. If its an update requirement, Check with your Router manufacturer to see if an update has been released for your model router and how to check which version your currently using.
Message 6 of 31 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Ok i have done everything humanly possible. it is the system.

Message 7 of 31 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Question for you xAkantor-

What size is the file your attempting to download? Try downloading a file under 2gb. If the issue persists with content under that threshold, I might be convinced that it is your system. But otherwise its a network problem that can be resolved by taking the appropriate steps.
Message 8 of 31 (827 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Anything i download corrupts. even avatars. pictures, themes, game updates that are under 200 mb

Message 9 of 31 (825 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Well if everything is corrupting when you download it and it occurs on a different internet connection as well you have two options really. First is you can try a different HDD, the second would be to set the system up for service through Sony.

Message 10 of 31 (822 Views)
0 Likes