Jul 01 2013
By: KineticDeathBlow First Son 5 posts

Downloading PS3 / PS4 games from computer on PSN - possible?

8 replies 408 views Edited Jul 1, 2013

Good day all. I'm coming from Xbox to PS. I hope to buy a PS4 at launch and buy a PS3 here shortly. For the Xbox, you can download games on the web from a computer, and then those games will download once you log on the 360. I'm wondering if there is a way to do so for PS3 & PS4 games from a computer while logged into the PSN? I don't have a PS3 yet, but will soon. I want some of those summer sale titles. Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Downloading PS3 / PS4 games from computer on PSN - possible?

Jul 2, 2013

For the PS3 I am not sure. But I know for the PS4 you'll be able to download games from the computer or your mobile phone and it will go and download onto the PS4.

Message 2 of 9 (393 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Message 3 of 9 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 5, 2013

For someone that has 11,000+ posts, that info didn't help at all. I don't have a PS3 yet, but I want to buy some of these digital games while they are on sale. I have a computer, so is it possible to buy the games online on a PC and when I get a PS3, then I would load them up at that time. On the 360, this is not a problem. Anyone know?

Message 4 of 9 (353 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 5, 2013

KineticDeathBlow wrote:

For someone that has 11,000+ posts, that info didn't help at all. I don't have a PS3 yet, but I want to buy some of these digital games while they are on sale. I have a computer, so is it possible to buy the games online on a PC and when I get a PS3, then I would load them up at that time. On the 360, this is not a problem. Anyone know?

Really? That link didn't help/ Did you click it? It's the Playstation Store. You know where you go to buy games using your PC while they are on sale. Then when you get a PS3......

Message 5 of 9 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 6, 2013

No, that didn't help at all. Maybe I wasn't clear what I'm specifically asking. Right now I do not own a PS3. I intend to get one 1-2 weeks. On Xbox online, I can buy a digital game and whenever I get on the 360, my game will download onto the system. Since I'm new to the PS3, I hope this functionality also exists on the PSN--meaning I buy a game from the PSN-digitally-whenever that may be and the game will be ready to my PS3, Whenever that may be. I ask this because I want to take advantage of some digital sales within the next 2 days but I don't have a PS3 yet

Message 6 of 9 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I've done some searching for answers but nothing was definitive. I figured the PS nation would be able to provide insight into my particular question. If I'm able to do it, I'll be quite happy.

A second smaller question is if I can create myself as a sub-account on a friend's PS3and then use that account as my main when I get my own PS3. This way, I still don't miss out on current sales

There's got to be a way I can get Summer game sales and put those on-sale games on my PS3 2 weeks from now.

Message 7 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30086 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Yes.  You no longer need a PS3 to buy PS3 content in the Playstation Store.  You can use the web store to buy anything.  It will be placed on your PSN account's download list.  You can download it in the future when you do have a PS3 (except in the unlikely event that the content has been removed from the Playstation Store before then) . You can queue it up to download automatically when you next sign in on a PS3, but that is likely to be a mess.  PSN will not automatically download your digital purchases to any console.  You have to choose to do that manually.

GKP
Message 8 of 9 (341 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 6, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Yes.  You no longer need a PS3 to buy PS3 content in the Playstation Store.  You can use the web store to buy anything.  It will be placed on your PSN account's download list.  You can download it in the future when you do have a PS3 (except in the unlikely event that the content has been removed from the Playstation Store before then) . You can queue it up to download automatically when you next sign in on a PS3, but that is likely to be a mess.  PSN will not automatically download your digital purchases to any console.  You have to choose to do that manually.

Just like I said in my unhelpful answer. I hope the OP is still around.

Message 9 of 9 (336 Views)
0 Likes